Paul spoke with CNN at the March on Saturday and commented on why we need to end gun violence while also pointing out that his Beatles bandmate was killed by gun violence not too far from where he was standing. The former Beatle had a very personal reason for joining the march.
McCartney was referring to John Lennon, who was shot to death in the archway of his residence in 1980. "It is important to me".
McCartney was referring, of course, to John Lennon, who was murdered by a gunman on December 8, 1980 outside the Dakota apartment building on New York's Upper West Side, blocks from where anti-gun-violence protesters were gathering today to begin their march downtown.
In 1980, Lennon was shot by gunman Mark David Chapman outside New York's Dakota apartment building, where the singer lived at the time with his wife, Yoko Ono.
Kerala: Father kills bride-to-be-daughter hours before the wedding
However, after the intervention of the police, the family agreed to their marriage and the wedding was scheduled for Friday. The victim worked as a technician in the dialysis unit of a government medical college at Manjeri in Malappuram district.
After the fourth Nor'Easter in recent weeks, New Yorkers took advantage of Saturday's attractive weather to march in solidarity.
The demonstrations drew thousands of people for marches across the country.
Today's march will bring together hundreds of thousands of people across the USA and internationally to protest the lack of stricter gun control laws following the high number of mass shooting across the United States, most notably the recent Parkland school shooting where 17 people were killed.
- China prepares to hit back at Trump's tariffs; stocks keep falling
- PUBG's New Smaller Map Shown For The First Time
- Amit Shah's letter full of false information: Chandrababu Naidu
- Giants star Madison Bumgarner fractures pitching hand during game
- Gun Owners Furious That YouTube Is Banning Some Firearms Videos
- Alexis Sanchez admits mental exhaustion amid poor Man Utd start
- Kyrie Irving expected to miss 3-6 weeks after knee surgery
- Ek Do Teen Girl Met With Severe Eye Accident
- Anna Hazare Says Centre's Draft "Useless", Will Continue Hunger Strike
- Holy Week services in Central New York