Heavy mixed precipitation is expected across those counties.
A big cleanup was underway Thursday in New York City, where the storm dumped over a foot of snow in some neighborhoods.
According to the Environment Canada forecast, the snow is expected to continue on Friday afternoon, with blowing snow and snow that will be heavy at times. The heavy wet snow may result in broken tree branches, which could lead to sporadic power outages. Areas in our southern counties that see rain, could see a half inch to one inch. New York City's Central Park recorded about 8 inches while downtown Philadelphia got 7.
The National Weather Service has reports of over 19 inches in Bay Shore and Patchogue (PACH'-awg). Port Richmond on Staten Island got 13.8 inches.
Metro-North railroad has resumed regular weekday service, though it's had some weather-related delays.
Motorists should expect slippery conditions and be extra cautious when driving.
Trump goes back to the 80s with China tariffs
Last August, President Trump announcing an inquiry last summer into allegations that Chinese trade practices are harming the U.S. It also said that Beijing did not want a trade war with Washington D.C., but at the same time, was not afraid of a trade war.
In Virginia, authorities responded to at least 250 vehicle crashes Wednesday morning, and all buses were ordered to stay off the roadways in New Jersey as visibility worsened. Some 80,000 people in New Jersey lost power, and traffic on the upper level of the George Washington Bridge came to a standstill Wednesday night due to a jackknifed tractor-trailer and fuel spill at about 8 p.m. Check out some of the other snowfall totals around the tri-state area.
"If you don't have to travel please don't be on the roads", urged New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
The Port Authority Bus Terminal, which suspended activity on Wednesday, will resume service on Thursday.
Over 4,400 flights were canceled within, into or out of the United States.
On the ground, Amtrak scaled back service on the Northeast corridor and some states banned certain types of trucks from major highways.
- Fortnite overtakes PUBG in revenue
- Track and field: Mason City boys explore newness of this year's team
- BJP MPs asked to 'expose' Opposition
- European Union recalls envoy from Russian Federation
- Journalists stage sit in protest outside Delhi Police HQ
- Lalu Prasad Yadav convicted in fodder scam cases
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) Holdings Boosted by Apriem Advisors
- Trump signs on tariffs against $50bn of China imports
- China should target United States soybeans, says former finance minister
- China partially wins WTO case over Obama-era United States tariffs