The Toronto Raptors have been atop the standings for most of the 2017-2018 regular season, and now, have a five-game lead over the Boston Celtics in both the Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference. On Wednesday, due to some horrendous defense (and incredible shooting by Toronto), the Cavs found themselves trailing by 15 at the break after allowing the Raptors to roll up 79 points. The Raptors won by 34 back in January.
The Cleveland Cavaliers look for a statement victory here after splitting their last 10 games.
Cleveland followed the normal pattern of regression following an unfathomably hot quarter, scoring 22 points to head to the half with a still robust 64 points on a strong 60/66.7/90.9 shooting split. LeBron James is averaging 27.3 points and nine assists while Kevin Love is averaging 17.9 points and 9.3 rebounds.
There has also been serious roster turnover as Cleveland traded Isaiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Channing Frye, Jae Crowder and Iman Shumpert and added George Hill, Larry Nance Jr., Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood in February.
West Virginia leaders react to Trump Opioid Plan
Opioid drugs ranging from prescription pain pills to fentanyl killed more than 42,000 Americans during 2016. Much of what Trump highlighted Monday was largely repackaged ideas he's already endorsed.
Triple-double James: The Cavs beat the Milwaukee Bucks 124-117 on Monday, behind a monster 40-point, 12-rebound, 10-assist, two-steal, one-block performance from LeBron James. Aaron Gordon, returning after missing five games with a concussion, added 16 points. The Raptors are 2-6 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Cleveland, 1-3-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings and the home team is 3-1-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
DeMar DeRozan said Tuesday that he is proud to have inspired Kevin Love to discuss his mental health issues, saying, "That was my whole intent of me speaking out". I don't trust the Cavaliers, and I certainly don't trust them against the better teams in this league.
Back-to-back: Wednesday's game against the Cavs will be the second in a back-to-back for the Raptors with both games being played on the road.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered reportedly won't include multiplayer
- Kidde recalling dual-sensor smoke alarms
- Sarkozy faces second day of questioning in Gaddafi funds case
- Stranger Things Actors Reportedly Get Massive Pay Bump for Season 3
- Former DHS Chief Says That 2016 Russia Sanctions Were Not Effective Enough
- CBI registers FIR in Rs 824-crore 'loan fraud' by Kanishk Gold
- UFC attempt to poach heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua with $500 million contract
- John Oliver's book sells out
- Tessa Thompson Joining Chris Hemsworth for MEN IN BLACK Reboot
- Deadpool 2 Reportedly Filmed a Secret Cameo