- KB Toys, the chain of shopping mall stores that closed in 2009, is considering a comeback.
We went to a Toys R Us store in Yonkers, New York, that was part of the initial round of store closings. "That's a big, big void that we're hoping to fill up".
Toys R Us last week announced plans to close all 800 of its stores in the United States after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last fall. Those closures will put 31,000 people out of work and hurt toy manufacturers that depended on the national retailer for distribution. Most stores are slated to close by June, though select locations could shut down earlier based on inventory.
"We understand, we're not just restarting the only other well-known and loved toy chain in the United States but hope to find places for those 33,000 jobs which will be lost as Toys "R" Us closes", Kassoff posted.
Palestinian teen who slapped soldier jailed
President Donald Trump´s December 6 decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel´s capital and to move the USA embassy there. The heavily armed soldiers do not respond to what appears to be an attempt to provoke rather than seriously harm them.
Kassoff says he's working with companies that specialize in holiday and pop-up retail, like Spencer Spirit Holdings and Party City Holdco to get a quick retail footprint. Retail Group, and Party City Holdco Inc. We've reduced our Hasbro fair value by $3, to $97, and our Mattel fair value to $21.50 as we made three major changes to our 2018 outlook while Toys "R" Us liquidates.
Kassoff said in a post on Linkedin that if the pop-up stores perform well, it's possible some locations could stay open permanently.
Strategic Marks bought the KB Toys brand from Bain Capital in 2016.
- Daniel Bryan, WWE Star, Decides to Return to The Ring After Retirement
- D'Tigers Star Aminu Sets New NBA Record In Blazers Defeat
- Fortnite Game Streamer Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins Claims To Make $500K Per Month
- Visa Inc. (V)- Investment Doubling Stocks on Cards
- California teacher who bashed military during classroom rant gets fired
- Griezmann puts time frame on decision on his future
- Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois gives Real Madrid an ultimatum
- (CELG) Shares Sold by Boys Arnold & Co. Inc
- Hahn strongly condemns use of teargas in Kosovo Assembly
- EBay uses ARCore to help better package products you sell