Arthur Jones, 70, has run for elected offices in IL and Wisconsin numerous times since the 1970s, but never came close to winning until now.
Jones, 70, is a retired insurance agent who has run disastrous campaigns for elected office in the Chicago area and Milwaukee since the 1970s. No Republican has held the district's seat since 1975.
Jones, 70, who had unsuccessfully tried to obtain the nomination five times before, easily won the nomination for Illinois Third Congressional district - a heavily Democratic district outside of Chicago - after the Republican Party failed to put up another candidate in the race against him.
The Republican Jewish Coalition and the Illinois Republican Party have condemned his candidacy. He said the party had urged voters "to skip over his name when they go to the polls" and moving forward planned on "vehemently opposing Jones with real campaign dollars".
(CELG) Shares Sold by Boys Arnold & Co. Inc
Baird reissued a "hold" rating and issued a $92.00 price objective on shares of Celgene in a research note on Thursday, March 1st. Orbimed Lc stated it has 879,000 shares or 0.65% of all its holdings. 7,546 shares were sold by USSERY RICHARD W, worth $666,259.
A spokesperson for the National Republican Congressional Committee told CNN the committee will not endorse Jones.
The national GOP has renounced Jones, too. But his campaign website contains a page devoted to the Holocaust, which he said in an interview was "a greatly overblown nonevent" and "an worldwide extortion racket". On election night, several outlets ran news alerts about Jones's primary win - which was never in doubt. In 2016, Lipinski faced no challenger at all; in 2014, a bad year for his party overall, he won reelection by 29 points in a district that was drawn specifically to keep him in Congress. Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive of the ADL, calls Arthur Jones just one of the extremists running for office this year.
"It is a sad state, where we are".
As for the Holocaust views Jones espouses, the Hill reports his campaign website actually included a section called "Holocaust?" that refers to "professional concentration camp survivors"; states there is "no proof such a so-called "Holocaust" ever took place anywhere in Europe"; and says that Jews are "directly responsible for the murder of at least 300 million people".
"This stuff about being a Nazi, that's in the past", Mr. Jones said on Monday.
- Rebel attack kills 38 in Damascus market
- Liquidation sale at Toys R Us in Flint Township begins Friday
- Facebook, Google and Amazon to pay 'fair' tax under European Union plans
- California teacher who bashed military during classroom rant gets fired
- Palestinian teen who slapped soldier jailed
- West Indies qualify for World Cup 2019 after rains dash Scotland's hopes
- Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois gives Real Madrid an ultimatum
- Ashley Young Talks Up Luke Shaw Potential Amid Manchester United Exit Rumours
- European Union to greenlight Bayer-Monsanto takeover
- Navy's Buchter Heads to NCAA Diving Championship