However, after the Tigers were included in the field of 68 March Madness teams, they can start having some real fun. The victor of that game will likely play No. 1 Xavier on Sunday. The highly regarded prospect is talented enough to spearhead the Tigers in the NCAA tournament, but he figures to be plenty rusty after missing essentially the entire season following back surgery. The 20 wins were two more than the Tigers had in 2016 and 2017 combined.
It's Mizzou's first NCAA tournament in five years.
Eight Southeastern conference teams made the NCAA tournament field. This team has already reached what most fans would say was their number one goal before the season, they've made the dance.
The Florida State Seminoles were awarded the No. 9 seed in the West Region despite defeating the higher-seeded Gators on December 4. They will play Florida State in Nashville on Friday with the victor of that likely facing one seeded Xavier.
Barnett's loss puts an even brighter spotlight on Michael Porter Jr., who played two minutes in the season-opening contest against Iowa State and didn't make another appearance until the SEC tournament.
Southampton fire coach Mauricio Pellegrino
Welshman Mark Hughes was firming as the bookmakers' favourite to replace Mauricio Pellegrino as the south coast club's manager. Former Watford boss Marco Silva instantly emerged as the frontrunner to succeed the Argentine on Monday night.
But first things first and that is the Tigers first round matchup against the Seminoles of Florida State.
"(Barnett) will be out and it'll be the next man (in) and we keep moving", Martin said of Barnett's absence for the Florida State game. Martin confirmed Barnett is serving a suspension after his arrest early Saturday morning for driving while intoxicated in Columbia.
The Tigers have been shredded by the three-point shot in recent weeks, so they'll need to make sure they get a hand up in Cofer's face when he launches it from long range. A one-week punishment would leave Barnett eligible to return for the second round on Sunday should the Tigers advance.
"I told them this way back", he said Sunday, "'You'll be the team they say turned it around'".
This is Mizzou's 27th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
- CM Punk claims he'll return to octagon at UFC 225 in Chicago
- Manila slams United Nations rights chief
- Japan, S Korea to maintain pressure on North, China urges patience
- Pogba could miss Manchester United's match against Sevilla
- Jose Mourinho identifies three key areas where Manchester United need to strengthen
- Girl afraid to wear Star Wars t-shirt gets tweet from Mark Hamill
- Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR) Upgraded to Buy at Citigroup
- WalletHub Survey: Santa Clarita is 16th Happiest City in USA
- Salma Hayek And Frida Kahlo's Family Object Barbie Doll
- Analyst rating score for ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) stands at 2.50