Kitty Hawk, which has so far only demonstrated its piloted recreational hovercraft (a luxury item created to help it spur development of its autonomous air taxis) has been testing its autonomous electric passenger aircraft, which resembles a small plane with variable rotors that can go from a vertical alignment for take-off and landing, to a horizontal one for flying like an ordinary plane through the skies.
Testing of a self-piloted air taxi is taking place in Canterbury, with the hope the flying service could soon take to the skies.
The aircraft has been developed by Kitty Hawk, which is run by Sebastian Thrun, who previously led the development of Google's self-driving cars as director of Google X. We first saw the news via The New York Times. With a 36-foot wingspan, the aircraft flies between 500 and 3,000 feet above the ground at around 110 miles per hour. It can travel at around 110mph, and has a range of around 62 miles. Mr Page brought in Google-X founder and self-driving vehicle expert Sebastian Thrun to act as CEO of Kitty Hawk and former Virgin America and Delta CEO Fred Reid to head up Zephyr.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (NASDAQ:DKS) To Release Earnings
Shares for $719,250 were sold by LONG ROBERT EDWARD. 114 funds opened positions while 621 raised stakes. (NYSE:DKS) or 230 shares. The North Carolina-based First Personal Finance Serv has invested 0% in PolyOne Corporation (NYSE:POL). (NYSE:CIT) for 30 shares.
New Zealand is focused on becoming "net carbon zero" by the year 2050, which is why prime minister Jacinda Ardern embraced the emissions-free transportation project. It's been testing the vehicles through a local operator called Zephyr Airworks, and Cora has an "experimental airworthiness certificate" from both New Zealand and U.S. aviation authorities.
Mr Page's wholly owned aviation firm Kitty Hawk - named after the Wright brothers' home town in North Carolina - has unveiled an air-taxi prototype eight-years in the making.
Zephyr Airworks is working in collaboration with New Zealand's business ministry, its transport ministry, and its Civil Aviation Authority.
- Asus Updates Its ZenFone 3 Phones To Android Oreo
- Peel Hunt Reiterates "Under Review" Rating for Koovs (LON:KOOV)
- Trump fires Tillerson, names first woman head of CIA
- SBI slashes monthly balance charges by 75 per cent
- Was Rex Tillerson Really Blindsided by Trump Firing?
- Six things we've learned from the spring statement
- Korea rookies finish last in Paralympics debut
- S. Korea to maintain 3% growth for 2018-2019: OECD
- Mourinho names Premier League's worst manager ever
- Paul Pogba included in Manchester United's Champions League squad to face Sevilla