After characterizing Vice President Mike Pence's Christianity as a "mental illness" on nationwide television, ABC's The View panelist Joy Behar apologized to the Vice President privately, but Pence allegedly told Behar to apologize on the show to all the nation's Christians.
Behar made the remarks in February after former White House aide Omarosa Marigault Newman disparaged Pence during a reality show appearance, mocking him for thinking Jesus spoke to him.
"When you talk to God, it's prayer". "That's called mental illness, if I'm not correct".
In an interview scheduled to air Monday night on Fox News, Mr. Pence said he gave Ms. Behar "a lot of credit".
On Tuesday's edition of "The View", Behar publicly apologized, noting that the vice-president had encouraged her to do so.
The vice president concluded his answer by saying that he hoped Behar "and others on the airwaves will come to appreciate the meaning and, if I could say it, the joy that comes from faith and respect that". "She called me. She was very honest, and she apologized and one of the things my faith teaches me is grace; forgive as you've been forgiven".
Was Rex Tillerson Really Blindsided by Trump Firing?
The move comes less than a week after the Trump administration agreed to a historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Rank and file in the State Department were stunned by the announcement, three State Department officials tell Foreign Policy.
"I just think it demonstrates how out-of-touch some in the mainstream media are with the faith and values of the American people", he said.
"So I think Vice President Pence is right". He said at a meeting with investors, "Joy Behar apologized to Vice President Pence directly". "But I felt it was important that I defend the faith of tens of millions of Americans against that kind of slander". While claiming he accepted her apology, he then passive aggressively suggested she needed to make it public.
The apology was reportedly confirmed by Fox News.
"I don't know that I want my vice president, um - speaking in tongues and having Jesus speak to him", co-host Sunny Hostin said.
Hannity quipped back, "So does mine, but I'm not as good at it as you".
Iger told the crowd he was "glad to hear" Behar apologized because he "takes exception" to what she said.
- Ian Wright: What I really think of Liverpool FC under Jurgen Klopp
- Seed in NCAA Tournament; Will Play Missouri First Round
- Kitty Hawk begins testing Cora air taxi
- Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC. Sells 1032 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Free agent WR Sammy Watkins to sign for Kansas City Chiefs
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck to support inclusion rider
- Peel Hunt Reiterates "Under Review" Rating for Koovs (LON:KOOV)
- Pogba could miss Manchester United's match against Sevilla
- Tite turns to new faces in latest Brazil squad
- Former Bad Boy Records rapper Craig Mack has died