US President Donald Trump reportedly told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a closed-door meeting at the White House last week that Washington would not show any flexibility on its demands for amending the Iran nuclear accord in negotiations with European co-signatories.
Trump stressed he wanted that "significant changes" were made to the Iran deal itself, and not simply a supplemental agreement between the United States and the European countries, according to the website.
Trump has pointed to three defects in the JCPOA which he is asking European allies to help fix: the deal's failure to address Iran's ballistic missile program; the terms under which worldwide inspectors can visit Iranian nuclear sites; and "sunset" clauses under which limits on the Iranian nuclear program start to expire after 10 years.
"When you look at the Iran deal, I thought it was bad". However, Iranian President Rouhani has said he wouldn't be the first to abandon the deal and has informed the United Nations Atomic Energy Agency that it will continue to comply with the deal's terms.
The Iran nuclear deal was agreed to during the Obama administration.
Driver was killed when bus crashed into ravine
Dewayne Benson, 15, was on one of two buses traveling home from Walt Disney World, according to his sister, Sydney Benson. The National Transportation Safety Board also said it was sending a team of six investigators to look into the crash.
Israeli officials said that they believe Trump is serious in his threat to withdraw from the deal by mid- May unless these three European governments - the "E3" - demonstrate their willingness to renegotiate on these points.
"The diplomatic talks focused mainly on Iran". Another round of talks is expected to begin on Thursday in Berlin.
Trump hosted Netanyahu and his wife at the White House on Monday.
"President Trump has called on the Congress and our European allies to enact real and lasting restraints on Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile ambitions. I told him what I thought: That the nuclear agreement with Iran must be either totally fixed or totally canceled, and there were detailed discussions on this issue", he said. Stories like this are made possible by readers like you.
- Kitty Hawk begins testing Cora air taxi
- Korea rookies finish last in Paralympics debut
- UN Finds Facebook Partly to Blame for Fueling Myanmar Genocide
- White House aide John McEntee fired, under investigation
- Peel Hunt Reiterates "Under Review" Rating for Koovs (LON:KOOV)
- Was Rex Tillerson Really Blindsided by Trump Firing?
- Allen Robinson rumors: Packers, Bears in mix
- The first trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is here
- Fitbit Versa smartwatch brings women's health tracking and a curvier design
- CRPF Personnel Killed In Blast Triggered By Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma District