They also have a lot of running back depth, and on Tuesday they loosened things up a little on both fronts by releasing Danny Woodhead.
A day after signing pending free agent offensive lineman James Hurst, the Ravens are expected to move on from Austin Howard who started all 16 games for them at right tackle last season. The rest of the starting right tackle candidates on the Ravens roster, a group that includes 2017 fifth-round pick Jermaine Eluemunor and Andrew Donnal, a waiver acquisition last November, are young and unproven. But a hamstring injury limited him to just eight games, with minimal production (14 carries for 56 yards, 33 receptions for 200 yards). Baltimore never really figured out how to properly use Woodhead, and part of that problem traces back to the hamstring injury that kept him sidelined for most of the first half of the season.
San Diego utilized him as a pass catching weapon out of the backfield, as he racked up 167 receptions for over 1,400 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns in his four years with the team. He didn't return until November 19.
Positive hiring climate expected for Windsor area
The strongest labour market is anticipated by Wholesale & Retail Trade sector employers with a Net Employment Outlook of +21%. Employers in all four regions expect to increase payrolls during the next three months.
Woodhead has played in only 10 games over the last two seasons.
Like Woodhead, Howard is gone after one season with Baltimore. The Ravens will create $3 million in cap space by not picking up the option.
Howard, 30, started all 16 games for the Ravens at right tackle a year ago after getting signed just before training camp. This means the Ravens will have a new starting right tackle for the third straight year.
- Bears to sign Super Bowl hero Trey Burton
- Peel Hunt Reiterates "Under Review" Rating for Koovs (LON:KOOV)
- SBI slashes monthly balance charges by 75 per cent
- UN Finds Facebook Partly to Blame for Fueling Myanmar Genocide
- Tite turns to new faces in latest Brazil squad
- Free agent WR Sammy Watkins to sign for Kansas City Chiefs
- Joy Behar Apologizes for Mocking the Christian Faith
- "American Idol" Returned to Television and Viewers Were NOT Happy About It
- The first trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is here
- Was Rex Tillerson Really Blindsided by Trump Firing?