The 39-year-old, real name Phil Brooks, chose to swap the wrestling ring for the octagon back in 2014 but was humiliated on his debut, losing via submission to Mickey Gall in just over two minutes in 2016.
The UFC has not officially made any indication that Punk will be booked for the pay-per-view but president Dana White admitted he planned to give him "another shot" last month.
Former WWE star CM Punk has confirmed that he will fight in the UFC for a second time in the summer. He's been a constant presence at the Roufusport camp in Milwaukee, Wis., training alongside the likes of UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis, former ONE Championship titleholder Ben Askren and other notables. That just so happens to be the date of UFC 225 in Punk's home town of Chicago. While the card also featured a heavyweight title fight between Stipe Miocic and Alistair Overeem, a fair amount of that interest could be attributed to Punk. He was immediately signed by the UFC, but his debut didn't go well by any standard.
Girl afraid to wear Star Wars t-shirt gets tweet from Mark Hamill
He fell in love with Ireland while filming scenes off the coast of Kerry, at Skellig Michael, for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi .
Punk landed all six of his shots in the clinch, but Gall threw sharp elbows early in the first round that opened up his opponent.
CM Punk is making his long-awaited return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
White, for the record, has yet to comment on Punk's latest statement. The news of Punk's return is brand new, so we have no idea who his opponent will be as of yet.
- Southampton fire coach Mauricio Pellegrino
- Afghanistan: on surprise visit, Mattis sees 'Taliban interest' in peace talks
- Regeneron and Sanofi's Praluent successful in large-scale cardiovascular outcomes study
- Nepal very close to attaining ODI status
- Case Keenum to Broncos as National Football League dominoes begin to fall
- Genes play a role in empathy, says study
- Jeff Flake: Trump Needs To Be Challenged In GOP Primary
- Slovak PM's ally resigns amid political crisis
- Crude Oil Lower Ahead Of Inflation
- Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR) Upgraded to Buy at Citigroup