The new franchise of the tournament started the campaign with back to back wins but their batting let them down in the game against Islamabad United.
On the other hand, Quetta Gladiators also won two matches where they played four matches in the season. They had begun the six-team competition with a defeat against the Karachi Kings before notching their first win against the Lahore Qalandars, in Dubai.
Injured skipper of Peshawar Zalmi Darren Sammy alone steered his side to victory in a thrilling finish against Quetta Gladiators by smashing two sixes and one four. In the match, Aleem Dar and Tim Robinson were the field umpires.
Quetta Gladiators captain Sarfraz Ahmed said that it would be back to the drawing board for the two-time runners-up of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) and added that they will have to work and improve on their batting. Top-scorer Shane Watson smashed 47 off 32 balls. Wahab Riaz, Sammy, and Umaid Asif picked up two wickets each. FInally in the last over, Zalmi took the victory against Gladiators.
China firm dismisses report that oil tycoon under probe
The investigation casts further doubt on the timing of the completion of the Rosneft deal. The CEFC China Energy conglomerate itself is not publicly listed.
In reply, Peshawar Zalmi achieved the target in 19.4 overs for 5 wickets.
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal scored a watchful 36 off 38 balls before being run out while chasing a second run.
With boundaries not coming easily, Sameen Gul dismissed out-of-form Asad Shafiq who managed just 9 runs on 10 balls. "We have worked on our weak areas and are all set to give our best against Quetta Gladiators". Zalmi still needed 15 runs from the last seven deliveries when Sammy took the strike after hurtling his way to complete a single. Younis Khan, the former Pakistan captain who is now working as Zalmi's mentor, presented then with Peshawar Zalmi T-shirts.
- Leicester Explosion: Three Men Arrested On Manslaughter Charges
- State official say more 8 deaths now linked to the flu
- Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc. Has $18.01 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Harlequins and New Zealand Rugby announce cooperation agreement
- Liverpool Eyes Another Southampton Player, Mario Lemina
- Russian Olympic Committee's Membership Restoration Key Outcome of Olympics - ROC
- Women held in Iran during Federation Internationale de Football Association visit
- Exxon Mobil's (XOM) Sell Rating Reiterated at Barclays
- Three arrested over deadly explosion at Leicester grocery shop
- Gravesham council update on waste and recycling services