"Some rural communities could become cut off".
Parts of the United Kingdom will feel colder than the Arctic Circle as freezing air from Russian Federation puts spring on hold and brings the coldest February week in five years.
It has issued an amber warning for Tuesday and Wednesday, although at the moment Uckfield is outside but on the fringe of the affected area.
Snow along the north-east coast has been forecast for Thursday, while a yellow weather warning for heavy snow and wind is in place from noon in the south-east of England.
At this stage snow showers will be mostly light but may produce 1 to 2 cm in places in time for the Monday morning rush hour.
Snow showers or longer periods of snow are expected on Tuesday, accompanied by very low temperatures.
All Eyes on the Ohio River as Rain Continues to Fall
Vargo added that the heavy rain Saturday could lead to a chance of landslides, which the EMA would also be monitoring. The Monroe County Sheriff's Department said that, as of Saturday afternoon, no road closures were reported.
The Met Office has upgraded its snow warning for the North East, including Northumberland..
Temperatures are also set to plummet with highs of just 2C for the early part of the week and dropping to minus figures overnight / early in the morning.
Parts of the United Kingdom are set to feel colder than areas in the Arctic circle this week as freezing Siberian air engulfs the British Isles, bringing blizzards, snow drifts and the potential for travel disruption.
Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.
Amber: There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property.
In 2013, the so-called "Beast from the East" produced the coldest March since 1962, when the day-time temperature rarely got above freezing. There is a full card of games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights in all of Scotland's football leagues, including St Johnstone V Rangers and Hearts V Kilmarnock in the premiership on Tuesday night followed by home ties for Celtic, Hibernian and Motherwell on Wednesday. "Daytime temperatures on Wednesday and Thursday will be struggling to get above freezing for most of the country".
- IOC executive recommends Russia not fly flag at Games
- (AAPL) Position By $880880; Shorts at Atrion (ATRI) Lowered By 5.58%
- UK Cheer performs at Winter Olympics closing ceremony
- JK: Militants gun down cop near Charar-e-Sharif shrine in Budgam
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Lifted Stake in Fedex Corp Com (FDX)
- Britney Spears' ex wants more child support
- Pot amnesty boxes greet travelers at Las Vegas airport
- Bruins Sign Forward Brian Gionta To One-Year, $700000 Contract
- Assassin's Creed Origins' Curse of the Pharaohs DLC has been delayed
- Crossmark Global Holdings Inc. Takes Position in Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc (IVR)