The MLA said that the Chief Secretary was supposed to come for the meeting at 5 p.m., but he and two other IAS officers did not turn up despite the panel waiting for them till 6.15 p.m.
Meanwhile, Delhi BJP spokesperson and son of the first Delhi Chief Minister Madanlal Khurana, Harish Khurana, along with party workers protested outside the AAP Moti Nagar MLA's office. "We have never incited any violence (among different communities)". This faultline has come to public attention several times since the party came to power in Delhi for the second time in February 2015, as the Aam Aadmi Party government has accused state bureaucrats of working at the behest of the Bharatiya Janata Party government at the Centre.
The Chief Secretary paid a visit to the Prime Minister's Office on Wednesday evening, but did not brief on what transpired in the meeting at the PMO.
The AAP leader said that an emergency meeting was convened on Monday night to address the issue of 250,000 families who were deprived of food rations due to faulty implementation of Aadhaar.
Central AL Forecast: Rain chances are going up
Temperatures are at their warmest this morning and will be dropping through the day as a cold front tracks through the region. There's still a 10% chance for a stray shower or sprinkle today , but overall it will be mostly cloudy and dry.
Political parties cried foul over the alleged assault, too, with members of the Congress and BJP's Delhi units meeting Lt. Governor Anil Baijal to voice their concern.
Delhi government employees on Thursday observed a five-minute silence outside their respective offices as a protest against the alleged assault on Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash by AAP MLAs. "Arvind Kejriwal will be questioned", he said. The next morning he started making these allegations against our MLAs, " he said.
Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari told a leading daily, "The MLC (medico-legal case) report has found a bruise on the lower lip and swelling behind the ears". The report termed the nature of injuries "simple" and the weapon used as "blunt".
- Ferrari take the covers off the SF71H
- (XOM) is Cullen Frost Bankers Inc.'s 2nd Largest Position
- Would Do You Think: Can Chelsea Beat Barca in Spain
- BP: Oil Demand to Peak by 2040, With 5x Growth in Renewables
- Uber to continue investing in India: Dara Khosrowshahi
- Britain sees drop in net migration from the European Union
- Rock Band OAR Enjoying Renewed Attention Due to Pyeongchang's OAR
- Chelsea star opens up about his mistake during Barcelona clash
- Trump promises strong background checks amid pleas for gun restrictions
- Northern Senators Forum Sacks Pro-Buhari Lawmaker As Its Chairman