An Uber-eats driver in Georgia accused of killing a customer turned himself in to police.
The incident which occurred in Atlanta, USA, on Saturday at 11.30pm, reportedly happened when the 30-year-old male victim was walking away from the driver after receiving his order. That's when words were exchanged between the delivery driver and the customer, police said.
The driver fled in a white Volkswagen, police said.
Patterson said Thornton was irate that it took a while for his food to arrive.
Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston May Not Even Have Been Legally Married
They even pointed out that Drew Barrymore's husband showed off his in-home office before announcing his divorce a year later. In a statement to ET , the pair said that they chose to go their separate ways at the end of a year ago .
Thornton's uncle told WXIA that his nephew "was a good boy" who had recently started a new job after receiving a political science degree from Morehouse College. He added that the driver passed a background check before delivering meals under Uber for about a week. The police department responded to a call mid-Saturday of a person being shot in a north Atlanta neighborhood.
Uber's driver screening process includes a review of motor vehicle records and a criminal history search at the county, state and federal level.
"President David A. Thomas said that the Morehouse community stands at the ready to support Thornton's family during this hard time". Jackie Patterson said Thorton became upset because the delivery was late.
Patterson said Bivines then saw Thornton turn around and reach into his jacket pocket.
Bivines is scheduled to appear in court for the first time on Tuesday.
- Winter Olympics: Golden comeback for Canadian skaters Moir and Virtue
- Metal Gear Survive second beta kicks off
- Australia, US, India And Japan Developing Alternative To China's OBOR?
- #MeToo Lawmaker Asked Staffers To Play 'Spin The Bottle'
- Ashley Young Knows What a Huge Week this is for Man United
- Lucky Charms Introduces Unicorn Marshmallow
- Robert Mueller Charges Lawyer with Lying to Special Counsel in Russia Probe
- A comprehensive list of Elon Musk businesses
- HTC Desire 12 partial specs confirmed by leaked retail box
- The Bachelor's Arie Luyendyk Jr. Explains Those 'Awkward' Dates With Lauren B