The 30-21 Cleveland Cavaliers looked nothing like a playoff team during Saturday's 120-88 loss to the Houston Rockets, but head coach Tyronn Lue isn't anxious about potentially missing the postseason.
According to McMenamin, Lue raised an eyebrow at even being asked the question.
The Cavs have lost six of their last 10 games, including their last two Saturday primetime games by an average of 28 points, and are now just 1/2 game up on the Wizards for third place in the Eastern Conference. Everyone assumes the team is going to do something, but for a squad that is trying to figure out whether it makes sense to go all-in when there's no guarantee LeBron James returns next season, the move (or moves) they make may not be blockbuster-worthy.
The Cavs are willing to part ways with the Brooklyn Nets' first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft in order to acquire a player on their "short list" of targets, ESPN's Bobby Marks reported Monday, citing NBA sources.
"I don't think we'll be knocked out of the playoffs, no", coach Tyronn Lue said.
Misleading 'tsunami warning' alert sent out to parts of east coast
But some users received what appeared to be an actual tsunami warning on their devices. No Tsunami warning is in effect for the East Coast of the U.S.
It's preposterous, reject-out-of-hand outlandish to say out loud that a team with James is going to fail to finish in the top eight in the East.
"We gotta stop worrying about the past", James said over the weekend. "I don't think anybody's here not to make the playoffs".
All that drama has left the Cavs at 30-21.
As it pertains to the Cavs' interest in the Clippers' DeAndre Jordan, a person with knowledge of that situation said Cleveland continues to offer only its own first-round pick and this kind of unwanted money in those stalled negotiations. "My focus is to try to get the guys to win and playing better".
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Of Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAV)
- Schumer urges Trump to back release of Dem memo
- Red Dead Redemption 2 info leak reveals plenty about game
- Kings erase 21-point deficit to defeat Bulls
- Paris attack suspect refuses to stand at shootout trial
- Lions have 50/1 odds to win Super Bowl LIII
- Kenyan opposition politician charged over mock inauguration
- 'Dancing With the Stars' tour bus involved in fatal 50-vehicle pile-up
- TRAPPIST-1 Planets Are All Rocky, Could Contain Significant Amounts of Water
- Cisco, Apple, Aon, Allianz Partner on Cyber-Risk Management