In an unusual arrangement, the National Hockey League team will split time between the Coliseum and its current home at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn for at least three years while a new arena is built at Belmont Park, a source said.
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The New York Islanders will split their regular-season home games between Long Island's Nassau Coliseum and Brooklyn's Barclays Center beginning next year while a new arena is built at Belmont Park under an arrangement announced Monday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
In total, 12 games will be played at the Coliseum during the 2018-19 season while an even split will come into play during the following two seasons.
VTech recalls crib mobiles due to 7337 reports of clamps breaking
VTech is issuing a recall for the Lights & Lullabies travel mobiles according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of VTech's "Shake & Sing Elephant Rattles" on January 25.
The move comes after the Islanders opted out of a 25 year lease agreement at Barclays Center earlier this month. The Islanders have had continuing issues with the complex, including a lack of luxury boxes, so continuing to play there was deemed undesirable.
The Islanders new arena in at Belmont Park is expected to be ready for the 2021-22 season. The relationship between Barclays and the Islanders has been flawed seemingly from the start, as fans continue to grapple with obstructed view seats and stressful journey to the Brooklyn venue.
Brett Yormark, CEO of Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment, called the announcement a celebration for Islanders fans, and said he was happy that "all of the parties involved could rally around our vision to have the team return" to Nassau Coliseum. "If the team wants to play more than just half their games here we encourage it and welcome them back". This includes parking, food, souvenirs and ticket sales, which he concluded could alone yield $12.5 million. When fans approached him, he noted, they had one question: "I heard that the Islanders might be returning to the barn".
- Preity Zinta Pours Her Heart Out In A Tweet After Buying Yuvi
- LG Announces New G6, Q6 Color Options Ahead Of MWC 2018
- Leicester's Musa joins CSKA on loan
- Roger Federer beats Cilic in Aussie final; wins 20th major title
- Thomson Reuters in talks with Blackstone over $17bn deal
- Ant-Man and The Wasp Teaser Trailer Premiered This Morning
- Catalonia postpones vote for brand spanking new regional head, sticks…
- Taiwan holds live-fire drills as China tensions mount
- India has a sacred obligation to eliminate poverty: President
- Russian Federation will try to target USA mid-term elections, says Central Intelligence Agency director