Detroit Police Officer Glenn Doss died Sunday from injuries sustained from a shooting on January 24, DPD Chief James Craig said.
The suspect, identified as Decharlos Brooks, allegedly opened fire on them before they even got out of their squad auto, shooting Doss.
Detroit Police Chief James Craig said, had it not been for Anderson's fast action, Doss likely would have died at the scene. Also named Glenn, he could be heard in the flurry of scanner traffic Wednesday night after Doss was shot. Doss' partner rushed him to a hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The slain officer, a 2-year veteran of the department, was the passenger in a scout vehicle initially responding to 5500 block of McDougal after police believe the suspect called 911 and said he'd assaulted his wife. He later was removed from the home by officers and arrested. "I feel sorry and prayers to the family, but this just not him".
Doss' father, who is a police officer himself, the police chief and the mayor spoke out about the tragic incident.
"He loved the job and died doing what he loved, and I can live with that", Doss Sr. said.
Nigeria Beat Angola To Semifinal In CHAN 2018
Nigeria must have thought luck was against them in the 76th minute but Gabriel headed against the post from Dayo Ojo's cross. It was all the Angolans after they took the lead and could have gone up but were denied by Ezenwa each time.
Brooks was charged Saturday - before Doss died - with eight counts of assault with intent to murder, seven counts of resisting and obstructing, one count of carrying a unsafe weapon and 17 counts of felony firearms, The Detroit News reported.
'"I never advised him to join the police department". He then took a stance and fired shots at the police squad auto, hitting Doss. By Saturday afternoon, the page had raised more than $14,000.
"I told him to go to [Detroit Public Safety Headquarters] and put in an application". "He avoided further loss of life", Doss Sr. said.
His father, Glenn Doss, Sr., also a Detroit police officer, said at the conference: "I want to thank God for the 25 years that have allowed me the honor and pleasure to raise such a great young man".
A GoFundMe page has been started to assist Doss's family with funeral costs.
Duggan asked the public to keep another Detroit police officer, Officer Johnson, who is now battling for his own life, in their thoughts. Courtesy of CBS Evening News and YouTube.
- Trump denies New York Times report he tried to fire Mueller
- Afghanistan: explosions heard near Kabul military academy
- Lindsey Graham warns firing Mueller 'would be the end' for Trump's presidency
- 'Tears in heaven': Grammy tribute to shooting victims
- Angelina Jolie tells Al Arabiya long-term solution needed for Syrian refugees
- After Shiv Sena, now Chandrababu Naidu threatens to break alliance with BJP
- Antonio Conte provides Alvaro Morata update after Newcastle clash
- NHL commissioner addresses Seattle hockey future at All-Star weekend
- Afghanistan Mourns Over Ton Killing By Taliban
- The Internet Reacts to Cardi B's Dress: 'Looks Like Toilet Paper'