After he admitted he'd been celebrating a bit with a few cocktails, Mars launched into a tale of when he first got his start performing for tourists at age 15 in Hawaii, singing covers of songs by Babyface, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Teddy Riley. He lost in the rap categories to Kendrick Lamar, who won five awards, including best rap album for "DAMN." and best rap song for "HUMBLE".
Mars left with six trophies in all, including the three biggest prizes: Album of the year, song of the year and record of the year.
The 21-year-old singer made a pitch for the unsung musicians.
If you tuned in earlier in the night, it might've seemed like Kendrick Lamar, not Mars, was primed to take the show's top prize, after racking up five statues, including a sweep in the rap categories. Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, both Oscar and Tony winners, won best musical theater album for "Dear Evan Hansen", shared with Tony victor Ben Platt.
Lamar kicked off the Grammys with a powerful and poignant performance with U2's Bono and The Edge, and also Dave Chappelle - who told jokes in between Lamar's performance.
- Best R&B album: "24K Magic, " Bruno Mars. Wearing colorful oversized jerseys and throwback track trousers, the artist - who has thus far won four Grammys this year - completely channeled an old school vibe.
"I have so much love and respect to all the nominees tonight", Chappelle began, "And I just want to take a moment to honor Jarobi, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Q-Tip, sometimes Busta, sometimes outcome, and of course always and forever Phife Dawg".
Xiaomi may not launch Mi 7 at MWC 2018
We recently got wind of speculations that China's Xiaomi Inc. would be launching a new Mix 2S along with the Mi 7 . According to Weibo post, the Lei Junowned company is gearing up to launch the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S before MWC 2018 .
Cara has quickly found her voice as a singer with singles such as "Here", which describes the dread of forced emotions at a party, and "Scars to Your Beautiful", a call for healthy body image.
Amid the growing attention to gender discrimination in the entertainment industry following revelations of sexual misconduct by Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, top stars - notably Lady Gaga - walked the red carpet wearing white roses in solidarity with abuse victims and in an appeal for equality. Kesha's performance also got people talking, as the song she performed is seen as a reflection of her long legal battle against music producer Dr. Luke, whom she accused of abuse while she worked with him. And thank you guys for blessing the world with your music.
A clutch of female vocalists including Cyndi Lauper offered her both symbolic and literal support, with Kesha embracing the group in a bear-hug as she finished. That's when, he said, he discovered the unifying power of music.
"To those who would dare try to silence us, we offer two words: Time's Up".
The Grammys also featured a tribute to music fans killed in attacks in Las Vegas and Manchester past year with country stars Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osbourne together performing Eric Clapton's mournful "Tears in Heaven".
The Grammys didn't hold back from more light-hearted political commentary.
In a year when the nominees were more eclectic and adventurous, the safe bets prevailed at the 60th Grammy Awards. Clinton read an excerpt about Trump's love for fast food.
- Csenge Advisory Group Purchases Shares of 4778 International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
- Mars, Lamar star at Grammys
- What the Insider Data Suggests About MGM Resorts International (MGM)
- Kendrick Lamar Opens 2018 Grammy Awards With Politically-Charged Performance
- Russian athletes 'approved' for Pyeongchang: Russian Olympic official
- Police Advise Kwankwaso To Suspend Visit To Kano
- Bruno Mars ended hip hop Grammy dreams
- Klopp backs Can to continue to give his all for Liverpool
- Brady returns to full practice, Gronk not ready yet
- Dying teen to get one last wish: Marry high school girlfriend