Vaccination also can mitigate the effects of flu even if a person contracts the disease, and the more people who receive the vaccine, the greater the "herd protection" factor, Morrow said.
Flu season typically runs from October through May.
About 31,000 patients visited their doctor with flu-like symptoms between January 15-21, roughly the same amount as the last seven days.
Health Departments in seven area counties including Bryan and Liberty will offer flu shots free for people, who do not have insurance, 8 a.m. -3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9.
Those most at risk are young children and adults over the age of 65.
"Fevers and muscle ache, which are often symptoms of flu can also be improved with paracetamol or ibuprofen, if appropriate".
GETTY WORSE FOR WEAR Thousands have been bedbound this flu season
"Our teachers and custodial staffs wipe down frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, water fountains, bathrooms, etc.", said Horry County Schools spokeswoman Lisa Bourcier.
While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu season peaks December-February, but can last into spring. The fever should be gone without the use of fever-reducing medications. "We saw a great deal of these visits earlier in the season compared to past year, but overall this number is around the same as in 2017 at this time". "It's not too late to get vaccinated against the flu and we want to encourage those who have not been vaccinated to take advantage of this opportunity".
While the numbers sound scary, the Jefferson County Health Department tells WBRC they are average.
Aussie flu can lead to pneumonia and other potentially fatal complications.
There are many other myths surrounding flu and the flu vaccine, such as the vaccine can give you flu, can protect you for life, can be treated with antibiotics or is prevented by vitamin C. All are untrue.
White House proposes path to citizenship for 1.8 million people
Mr Miller said the 1.8 million figure includes some 700,000 people who illegally entered the USA as children. Trump's plan will help those talks, said Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell .
- New Trailer Reveals Four Additional Characters
- Manchester City Target Aymeric Laporte Still In Athletic Bilbao Plans
- West Ham complete loan move for Inter midfielder Joao Mario
- Colgate-Palmolive Remains Firmly Negative In Afternoon Trading
- United States flu levels continue to climb as 37 kids' deaths confirmed
- Coincheck hack leads to theft of $530 million worth of NEM
- Missing monkeys: Primates escape zoo, police on the hunt
- Short Interest in Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX) Decreases By 21.4%
- Complete guide to everything we know about Vince McMahon's revived XFL
- Barry and Honey Sherman's death now ruled as double homicide