Dozens of musicians gathered in St Pertersburg, Russia to pay tribute to Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan by performing a rendition of one of the band's biggest hits.
The ceremony, broadcast live online by a local radio station to fans around Ireland and the world, began with a recording of her 1995 duet of "Ave Maria" with the Italian opera giant Pavarotti.
In his homily, Canon Liam McNamara, a family friend, said O'Riordan's voice was worth its weight in gold. They were joined by her ex-husband Don Burton and the former couple's children, Taylor, Molly, and Dakota.
Boyfriend Ole Koretsky, stepson Donny and Cranberries bandmates Mike and Noel Hogan and Fergal Lawler also attended. Calling from London, where she was staying while working in the studio, her demeanor ran counter to reports Waite's seen suggesting she was in a dark place emotionally. "No words are adequate to describe Dolores or to accurately state the influence for good she has been over the years".
Trump losing trust in negotiations with Senate Democrats, says White House official
The House passed the continuing resolution 266-159, with 36 more yes votes than the four-week resolution they passed last week. After the Senate failed to pass a funding bill Friday night, the federal government is now in a partial shutdown .
Following her death, Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar called O'Riordan "the voice of a generation", while President Michael D. Higgins said she was "a star that shone bright from the very beginning". "Intelligent girl that she was, she knew well that she should develop and use that talent". "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session".
O'Riordan was found dead in a London hotel room on January 16.
According to Official Charts Company data, sales and streams of The Cranberries music in the United Kingdom have increased 1000 per cent since the singer's death.
Our thoughts are with O'Riordan's loved ones during this hard time.
- Canalys: Xiaomi pips Samsung for first place in India
- BTG (BTG) Given "Buy" Rating at Numis Securities
- Jeff Sessions Is Interviewed in Mueller's Russia Investigation
- GET OUT And Oscar's Horror Problem
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2018 Grammys
- Getting back to the Super Bowl 'isn't enough' for Ellerbe
- Brazil awaits Lula conviction ruling
- Special counsel expected to interview Donald Trump as Russian investigation advances
- Have you had your VITAL cervical smear test?
- San Francisco's Black interim mayor, London Breed, is ousted