Dozens of musicians gathered in St Pertersburg, Russia to pay tribute to Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan by performing a rendition of one of the band's biggest hits.
The ceremony, broadcast live online by a local radio station to fans around Ireland and the world, began with a recording of her 1995 duet of "Ave Maria" with the Italian opera giant Pavarotti.
In his homily, Canon Liam McNamara, a family friend, said O'Riordan's voice was worth its weight in gold. They were joined by her ex-husband Don Burton and the former couple's children, Taylor, Molly, and Dakota.
Boyfriend Ole Koretsky, stepson Donny and Cranberries bandmates Mike and Noel Hogan and Fergal Lawler also attended. Calling from London, where she was staying while working in the studio, her demeanor ran counter to reports Waite's seen suggesting she was in a dark place emotionally. "No words are adequate to describe Dolores or to accurately state the influence for good she has been over the years".
Facebook buys identification technology company as it bids to 'keep community safe'
The company said that Confirm's "technology and expertise will support [its] ongoing efforts to keep [its] community safe". Sometime in September 2017, it was observed that Facebook tested an account unlock feature which requires a selfie.
Following her death, Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar called O'Riordan "the voice of a generation", while President Michael D. Higgins said she was "a star that shone bright from the very beginning". "Intelligent girl that she was, she knew well that she should develop and use that talent". "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session".
O'Riordan was found dead in a London hotel room on January 16.
According to Official Charts Company data, sales and streams of The Cranberries music in the United Kingdom have increased 1000 per cent since the singer's death.
Our thoughts are with O'Riordan's loved ones during this hard time.
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2018 Grammys
- Maxwell drafted into Aussie ODI squad
- Trump Is a 'Sophisticated' Consumer of Intelligence — CIA Director
- Suspect Found Dead After Shooting, Wounding State Troopers
- Brazil awaits Lula conviction ruling
- AG Sessions questioned in Russia probe
- Chung Hyeon becomes S. Korea's first grand slam semi-finalist
- Disney to give 125000 employees a $1000 cash bonus
- Kerber Crushes Keys To Reach Aus Open Semis
- Trump to meet with world leaders, business CEOs at Davos forum