Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah (Toyota) and Briton Sam Sunderland (KTM) topped the first stage of the 2018 Dakar Rally in the auto and motorcycle sections, respectively, on a day marked by caution when many drivers chose to wait for later legs to make a move.
What many might not be aware of is that HRC had to build a brand-new CRF450 Rally for Brabec after his original race bike was stolen while waiting in France to be loaded onto the ship along with the hundreds of other vehicles.
It was originally known as the "Paris-Dakar Rally" but was relocated in 2009 due to security concerns.
While she considers finishing in the top-15 overall a "realistic" goal for this year's race, Sanz said she's hoping to reach to the top 10 for a second time. "We went slowly, doing our best not to get stuck or bogged down", the Frenchman said.
Chris Hemsworth is 'done' playing Thor
A handful of MCU stars' contracts are up after the fourth Avengers movie, leading many to wonder about the MCU's future. But beyond that, at least one member of the cast thinks the film shares something in common with more high brow art.
"We need a few years to see more women in the Dakar", she told Efe.
His win puts him top of the overall standings, 27sec ahead of his compatriot and teammate Stephane Peterhansel, with South Africa's Giniel De Villiers, who was originally announced as Sunday's victor through a timing error, now sitting third and 5min 44sec off the pace.
In the motorcycles, KTM's Dubai-based Sunderland ended the stage with a 32-second advantage over Yamaha's French rider Adrien van Beveren.
"I was not really confident in the dunes today", he said. The 40th edition of the Dakar Rally, the tenth to be held in South America, will start in Lima on January 6 to run south along the Pacific coast and cross Bolivia to finish in Cordoba, Argentina on January 20.
- Al Pacino faces a disturbing scandal in Paterno teaser trailer
- William Hill kicks off strategic review of Australia business after regulatory clampdown
- Egypt's Sisi announces intention to run for second term
- 3 things you need to know about Apple's $38bn United States tax payment
- Three tactics to use against Man City
- OnePlus 5T Lava Red Edition sale from today: Price, launch offers, specifications
- LAFC make Joao Moutinho its first-ever draft pick
- Turkey will not allow arming Kurds in Syria, army chief says
- Alert on Recent Volume - Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. (SFM)
- Cure imminent? Scientists make breakthrough in cancer detection