Valencia, back from almost a month out with a hamstring injury, collected Paul Pogba's pass, cut inside, and blasted a shot into the top corner with his weaker foot to give United the lead.
"In the second half, we played confidently and fast and aggressive and I liked the second half".
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has also been mooted as an option for the Alexis deal, and the Armenia global has been left out of the matchday squad by Jose Mourinho.
Appointed earlier in the day to replace the sacked Mark Hughes, the new manager saw the Potters concede three more league goals to take their tally for the season to 50, more than any other side in Europe's "big five' divisions".
In the 72nd minute, United finally bagged their third goal.
Does North and South Korea Olympic union have political implications?
Satellite images show that North Korea are gearing up for another massive military parade that will be held on February 8, 2018. In an earlier round of negotiations, the North agreed to send a 140-member orchestra to play during the Olympics.
Anthony Martial and Romelu Lukaku later wrapped up the victory for Jose Mourinho's side.
THE CHANGE IN PROFILE In his post-match interview with MUTV, Jose Mourinho was full of praise for Pogba and admitted the France worldwide is benefiting from a slight change in position that offers more freedom.
The thoughts of Manchester United's fans may have been on the possible arrival of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal but the players stayed focused to beat Stoke City 3-0 in the Premier League at a rainy Old Trafford on Monday.
And having missed this term's league losses to Huddersfield, Chelsea and City, it is now 35 games since Pogba was involved in a Premier League defeat - a heavy 4-0 reverse against Chelsea in October 2016.
The 31-year-old former Irish worldwide has already appeared once for Stoke this season, playing 72 minutes in Mark Hughes' last match as manager - the 2-1 defeat by Coventry in the FA Cup.
The 48-year-old Scot, who has been out of work since parting company with Wolves at the end of last season, will start work today with the aim of lifting Stoke out of the relegation zone.
- United States won't meet N Korean officials during Pyeongchang Winter Games
- OnePlus 5T Lava Red Edition sale from today: Price, launch offers, specifications
- Top Sunni Islam cleric says meeting Pence would 'tear up my iden
- Trump in 'glorious well being', scores 30/30 in cognitive evaluation
- As Shutdown Looms, Senate To Hold Key Vote At 10 PM ET
- William Hill kicks off strategic review of Australia business after regulatory clampdown
- We Happy Few Has Been Delayed Again
- Egypt's Sisi announces intention to run for second term
- Chris Hemsworth is 'done' playing Thor
- White House: Trump backs House stopgap spending bill