A Texas woman's actions may have implicated herself in the murder of her husband.
Sandra Louise Garner, 55, was arrested Wednesday night on murder charges more than a week after her husband was shot to death at their Maypearl home, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.
Police seized several electronic devices during the investigation and searched the couple's home and vehicles.
Maypearl police chief Boyd Norton told the Waxahachie Daily Light Sandra Garner called 911, stating she woke up after hearing gunshots and saw a gun-toting masked man with a flashlight.
Ellis County Sheriff's Office
She said the man vowed not to harm her, but had been holding a grudge against her husband over "work-related matters".
Sandra Garner has been charged with murdering her husband Jon Garner. She also told police that the gunman told her he wasn't there to hurt her and that he made her open the family safe and fork over $18,000. That discovery led to them seizing the devices, where they uncovered Sandra Garner's nefarious search history. Police said the gun, which matched the one that was used to kill Jon Garner, had been wrapped in a paper towel and hidden inside two plastic bags.
Authorities said an initial search of the vehicle did not turn up the weapon. However, as early as January 4, the Maypearl Police Department pushed back on Sandra Garner's story, writing on Facebook, "We have reason to believe that the shooting was NOT a "stranger on stranger" home invasion". Police have not revealed a motive for the crime. Police arrested Garner and charged her with Murder. The gun reportedly wasn't there when authorities searched the same vehicle on January 2 and police believe Garner moved it after the first search.
A funeral for Jon Garner, who worked as a general manager for DHL Express and We Pack, will be held on Saturday in Waxahachie.
Hess Corp Stock in 2017 Q3 Driven by Institutional Investors
Ctc Llc who had been investing in Netflix Inc for a number of months, seems to be less bullish one the $95.73B market cap company. Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) touched its 1-Year High price of $60.13 on 01/17/17 and its 1-Year Low price of $37.25 on 08/30/17.
- Macron wants French baguette to get UNESCO heritage status
- Barcelona unveil Yerry Mina at Nou Camp with Colombian going barefoot
- Seahawks Likely to Hire Coach Brian Schottenheimer as New Offensive Coordinator
- AU demands Trump apologise over "shithole" comments
- David Harbour honors promise to take senior portraits with a fan
- LeBron Puts His Cavaliers Teammates on Notice Following Loss
- US sanctions head of Iran's judiciary, others, over human rights abuses
- "LG ThinQ WK9 combines Google Assistant, awesome speakers and an 8" screen
- Iran rejects Trump's demand for changing nuclear deal
- Acre Thomas Fire in Southern California Now 100% Contained