Personnel of the 44 Battalion of the CRPF found an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) near the HMT areas of Srinagar.
"Two persons received bullet injuries when security forces opened firing to disperse a group of protesters in HMT area of the city here", a police official said. Sniffer dogs were also pressed into service. After the IED was detected by the Road Opening Party, traffic was stopped on the highway and the IED defused. "The engineering squad of the army then defused the bomb", Rajesh Kumar, Commanding Officer told ANI in an interview.
Later, the traffic movement was restored on the highway.
Rescuers continue to search for people in rubble of U.S. mudslide
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department confirmed Thursday that eight people were still missing and 28 had been injured. One such rescue was a boy who was found under an overpass Tuesday morning , according to the New York Times.
On January 6, four policemen were killed in an IED blast in Sopore township of north Kashmir.
He said the army men manning the naka signalled a vehicle to stop. "If it would have been a (land) mine, how a person could have lifted it?" he said. "However, he was let off".
- Why Virat Kohli must stick to his guns in South Africa
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., (NYSE: FIS)
- Analysts See $0.05 EPS for First Bancorp (FBP)
- U.S. to impose new sanctions on Iran
- Israeli Supreme Court: State Must Justify Why It Won't Repeal Unconstitutional Settlement
- Centurion Test: SA opt to bat; India leave out Rahane again
- Stench of jet fuel overpowers the Critics' Choice Awards
- Botswana demands clarification on Trump's 'shithole' remarks; Summon US ambassador
- El-Zakzaky is not dead-DSS, lawyer
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe