He said he had no problem with agreeing to a climate deal but the Paris accord was "a bad deal".
Nevertheless, speaking to reporters yesterday, Trump suggested he would still be open to the USA being a part of the climate change accord, but emphasised that as it stands the deal remains "very unfair to the United States".
When announcing the exit, Trump kept the door open to rejoining the pact "on terms that are fair to the United States, its businesses, its workers, its people, its taxpayers".
The US could "conceivably" remain party to the Paris climate agreement, President Donald Trump has said.
"We could conceivably go back in", Trump reiterated.
"I feel very strongly about the environment... but we also want businesses that can compete". And we're not going to let that happen. "I'm not gonna let that happen", he said. The plane-maker did say Norway has approved money for 40 F-35s and has gotten 10 of them so far.
Stench of jet fuel overpowers the Critics' Choice Awards
Apparently, he's so torn up about the accusations (which he says are "not accurate") that he has even changed his phone number. The film also won for acting ensemble and supporting actor for Sam Rockwell . " James Franco just won .
As before, Trump made several incorrect statements about the Paris treaty.
It aims to keep the increase in average global temperature at below two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Norway's power sector is nearly carbon neutral, with hydropower covering roughly 95% of domestic power generation, even though it is home to the biggest hydrocarbon reserves in Europe and the fifth-largest exporter of crude oil in the world. "One of the great assets of Norway is a thing called water, and they have tremendous hydropower, tremendous". In fact most of your energy or your electricity is produced by hydro.
Observers were quick to point out that the Paris Agreement allows countries to set their own climate action plans and contains no formal penalties for nations that fail to meet any self imposed targets. In fact, USA hydropower generation was almost double that of Norway, which produced 143.4 TWh of hydropower in 2016.
Solberg on her part, said to Norwegian media afterwards that Donald Trump seemed like a normal man with a good sense of humor.
- Why Virat Kohli must stick to his guns in South Africa
- Hillary Clinton calls Trump's views "ignorant" and "racist" after president's "sh*thole" comment
- Florida mother mistakenly robbed, killed in love triangle gone awry
- Zacks Investment Management Increases Stake in American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP)
- Korea talks ease war fears in Washington, but for how long?
- Rescuers continue to search for people in rubble of U.S. mudslide
- Botswana demands clarification on Trump's 'shithole' remarks; Summon US ambassador
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., (NYSE: FIS)
- Will retaliate against new sanctions imposed by US: Iran
- Sharapova deserved special honour: Oz Open boss