Norway, with a population just over 5,000,000 people, was ranked as the top nation in the World Happiness Report last March, edging out Denmark as the happiest country in the world, The Guardian reported. Baraldsnes found a U.S. citizen living in Norway and asked why she made the move, in the opposite direction. Trump on Friday denied using that language.
Democrats had long vowed they wouldn't fund the wall but are accepting the opening request as part of a broader plan that protects from deportation about 800,000 "Dreamers".
While hundreds of thousands of Norwegians immigrated to the U.S. in the 19th century, just 502 out of a population of 5.3 million people moved there in 2016, down 59 from the previous year, according to Statistics Norway. The Norwegian population numbers 5.3 million in total. The Post included El Salvador.
DACA Deal Or No Deal? Reports Are Mixed
One of the Democratic senators at the meeting, Dick Durbin of IL , confirmed on Twitter that Trump used the term "shithole". That proposal has been strongly opposed by Democrats and many Republicans as a futile waste of money.
Two Republicans who were in the Oval Office with President Donald Trump say they "do not recall" him talking about "shithole" countries in Africa.
Jeffress sent out the statement as many evangelical leaders condemned the remarks as offensive and racist. Jessie Duarte of South Africa's ruling ANC said on Friday: "Ours is not a s***hole country and neither is Haiti or any other country in distress".
"It's an agreement that I have no problem with but I had a problem with the agreement that they (the Obama administration) signed because, as usual, they made a bad deal", he told reporters. Durbin said people who would be allowed to stay in the USA included those who had fled here after disasters hit their homes in places such as El Salvador, Guatemala and Haiti.
Trump says his problem with the accord is that its guidelines were unfavorable to the USA, and particularly to coal workers, a downtrodden group he promised not to forsake.
US Democratic congressman Luis Gutierrez called Trump "a racist who does not share the values enshrined in our Constitution".
- Arizona Basketball Survives at home, beats the Ducks
- DARK SOULS REMASTERED is Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Trump denies "shithole countries" comments
- Plains All American Pipeline, LP (PAA) Position Raised by LPL Financial LLC
- How Analysts Rated Valero Energy Partners LP (NYSE:VLP) Last Week?
- Conte urges Chelsea to complete Sanchez deal
- Manchester City winger reveals he snubbed Klopp twice
- Trump's 's**thole' remark draws outrage in Africa
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Preview 01/12/18
- Offensive Impact: Nick Foles gets the job done vs. Falcons