It was ironic how the show's hall, which houses booths for technology giants like Samsung, Intel, Sony, LG, and Panasonic, stood in the dark, with the world's most technologically advanced devices and hardware being left useless, as the electronics show did not have power until it was restored over two hours later. It took about two hours before power was restored.
"The power has gone out in the central hall at CES... sending thousands of attendees out of the LVCC, shutting down hundreds of expensive marketing activations and reminding us that none of this stuff works without electricity", he tweeted.
The Consumer Electronics Show venue at the Las Vegas Convention Center is plunged into darkness after a power outrage Wednesday morning.
CES have announced online that "We've been informed by Nevada Power that the outage has been addressed and they are in the process of restoring power".
The CES event draws tech companies from all over the world. Again, thank you for your patience during this time.
Trump waives Iran nuclear sanctions 'for last time'
Trump has repeatedly threatened to tear up what he has described as "the worst deal ever negotiated". Iran said on Saturday it would not accept any changes to its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
Officials said rainfall from a storm that hit the Valley on Tuesday, may have caused the outage.
Initial reports about the power outage began appearing on Twitter around 11:14 a.m. PT, but the lights turned back on sometime around 1:00 p.m. PT. Both large and smaller ones rely on the annual trade show to ink deals that will translate to cash months in the future; the blackout disrupted some of the product demos, panels and meetings key to those deals. There's nothing more tragic than rows upon rows of blackened 4K HD TV displays.
It seems the Consumer Electronics Show ran out of power.
CES attendees posted images on social media of the blackout, with one sharing a video of a woman playing a violin to entertain guests at the Intel booth. The power went out in the central hall of #CES2018!
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued
- Lance Stephenson thinks he got under LeBron James' skin
- How Analysts Rated Valero Energy Partners LP (NYSE:VLP) Last Week?
- Research Ratings: Scorpio Tankers Inc. (STNG), Zebra Technologies Corporation (ZBRA)
- Trump hints United States could return to Paris climate accord
- Cold, chance of snow forecast in week ahead
- Vikas Gupta is the second runner-up of Bigg Boss 11
- UNRWA downplays Israel's rhetoric, says its mandate comes from UN General Assembly
- Scholar offers historical context for president's alleged derogatory remarks
- SC Judges' rebellion: Yashwant Sinha attacks government, says 'democracy under threat'