With AP Photos.Defending overall champion Mikaela Shiffrin has won her 39th women's World Cup at a giant slalom, stretching her winning streak for 2018 to three races.
The result put the American level with Sweden great Ingemar Stenmark for the number of World Cup victories before turning 23.
Shiffrin set a blistering pace on her first run, clocking at time of 51.44 seconds - nearly 1.50 seconds faster than her nearest rival Frida Hansdotter of Sweden.
Shiffrin, who won her maiden overall World Cup title last season, tops the overall standings with 1,281 points, an overwhelming lead of 721 points over second-placed Holdener. "For sure I want to win, but everybody wants to win". With a win and a second-place finish each, Shiffrin and Vlhova are now tied for the slalom points lead. "The surface is incredible and froze overnight so it's just so much fun to ski". "I'm not focusing on that, I'm really happy with my skiing right now and that's what I'm focusing on".
While a night race in Flachau on Tuesday will be the penultimate slalom ahead of the Olympics, Shiffrin will be eager to keep her momentum going in weeks to come.
Elections are ongoing in Anamba today, most voters are home
For today's election, 13 candidates were expected to participate, although only Umeh, the candidate of APGA, stood out. So even if the turnout is poor in other places, it has to be different here.
The 22-year-old, the reigning Olympic and three-time world slalom champion, also won Saturday's giant slalom victory in Slovenia, and her tally on the World Cup circuit now stands at 40 victories.
Shiffrin posted the third-fastest time in the final leg and beat Hansdotter once again, while Wendy Holdener was 1.87 behind in third for the Swiss skier's 13nd career slalom podium without winning - a World Cup record. "I don't know if a flawless run is even possible, but it was very close".
"Normally I try to forget about the first run and think like it would be a new race", Shiffrin said.
"I'm not competing, I'm just trying to enjoy every turn that I make and to make every turn aggressive", Shiffrin said.
Worley won the World Cup GS title a year ago but is still awaiting her first win of the season. This weekend's races have been moved from Maribor because of a lack of snow and warm weather in the North-Eastern Slovenian resort.
- Steph Curry plays 34 minutes in return from sprained ankle
- 1B Gonzalez reportedly agrees to deal with Mets
- Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss tweets support for coach Luke Walton
- Netanyahu begins 6-day visit to India to deepen ties
- PUBG Xbox One Update Adds New Control Option, Other Gameplay Changes
- Catch an NFL playoff double header tomorrow on KPUG
- Advisors Capital Management LLC Trims Holdings in General Electric (NYSE:GE)
- Tiger Zinda Hai Witnessed Huge Drop On Second Tuesday
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries
- Trump Cancels Trip to London Over Embassy Choice