England will play global friendlies against Nigeria and Costa Rica ahead of the World Cup finals in Russian Federation, the Football Association (FA) announced on Wednesday (Jan 10).
The Eagles have been drawn alongside Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in Group D, and with their first match against Croatia comng exactly two weeks after, the England game will serve as the final preparatory game for the team.
Before the June friendlies, England will also travel to Holland on 23 March and face Italy on 27 March at Wembley.
"We're going into a World Cup where we will play African and Central American oppositions, so the games against Nigeria and Costa Rica would be good for us".
"We want to expose the team to different styles and different experiences", he stated.
Trump Comments Highlight Racial Impact Of Migration Platform
The largest group, he told the president, is from El Salvador, the second largest is Honduran, and the third is Haitian. I appreciate Senator Durbin's statements and have enjoyed working with him and many others on this important issue.
England will conclude pool play against Group G top seeds Belgium on Jun 28.
"This is good news for myself and the entire team".
So the news that the England national team is to play Costa Rica at Elland Road in the build up to this summer's World Cup is fantastic news for the club and, indeed, for the city. "We will be able to test our readiness for the World Cup when we meet the Three Lions at Wembley", he added.
He disclosed that there are other matches and programmes for the team and that the entire plan for the matches, camping sites and training camps would soon be rolled out. "We had been doing a lot of work in the background", Seyi Akinwunmi, NFF's First Vice President and Chairman of the Federation's Organizing Committee, said.
- Stench of jet fuel overpowers the Critics' Choice Awards
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., (NYSE: FIS)
- Zacks Investment Management Increases Stake in American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP)
- Trump says fairer deal might coax United States back to Paris climate accord
- Will retaliate against new sanctions imposed by US: Iran
- KCS Wealth Advisory Takes $647000 Position in Danaher Co. (DHR)
- Korea talks ease war fears in Washington, but for how long?
- South Africa off to steady start
- CDC: 4 dead, more than 300 hospitalized in Georgia as flu spreads
- Fatal crash closes I-95 northbound in St. Augustine