On Sunday, Winfrey gave a rousing speech at the Golden Globe Awards about female empowerment and the Time's Up movement, resulting in many calling on her to run for president in 2020. "I like Oprah. I don't think she's going to run", the unpopular president told reporters during a meeting with lawmakers at the White House on Tuesday.
"I know the passion she has for people and the desire to empower people to be the best that they can be, so her heart is in the right place", he said. If she declares, I will back her. "Her last week. She had Donald Trump and my family".
Winfrey said in honor of all women and men who've experienced abuse that "speaking your truth is the most powerful tool you all have".
In some ways, a Winfrey candidacy isn't that far fetched at a time in which a reality show star worked his way into the White House, shattering numerous norms along the way.
Djokovic fears Nadal and Fed in Melbourne
Grigor Dimitrov is the No. 3 seed, and six-time champion Novak Djokovic is 14th as he comes back from a six-month injury layoff. Tiley's mood would have improved even further after Nadal returned to the court for an exhibition match at the Kooyong Classic.
But the president's daughter Ivanka Trump did see the speech and was all praise.
Winfrey's spokesperson denies that the daytime TV queen ever reached out to Weinstein following the allegations, but said someone from his team contacted her to see if she would talk to him. "Absolutely, but in terms with where she stands on a number of positions, I would find a lot of problems with that", the administration spokeswoman declared.
"I like Oprah", he said.
Speculation about Winfrey as a potential Democratic Party candidate in 2020 was revived after her rousing speech on January 7 at the Golden Globes, where she was honored with a special award. King, who noted that she has talked to Winfrey at length, said that the latter loves America and would like to be of service in some way. "We all know she is a very good talker", King said.
Des Moines: Oprah Winfrey's impassioned call for "a brighter morning even in our darkest nights" at the Golden Globes has Democratic Party activists buzzing about the media superstar and the 2020 presidential race even if it's only a fantasy.
"I don't think she's going to run". I do think that.
- Hillary Clinton calls Trump racist over his 'sh**hole countries' remarks
- Release Date Announced For EA Original Fe
- Al Shabaab Kills 5 Kenyan Policemen On Patrol
- BMW driven by DU student mows down man in North Campus
- Flu-related deaths spike to 17 this season in Manitoba
- Manchester City make incredible £45million move for midfielder
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp not angry about Philippe Coutinho's departure
- Celebrity photographers Mario Testino and Bruce Weber accused of sexual misconduct
- Mourinho appears to confirm Manchester United interest in signing Sanchez
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Director Acquires 1125 Shares of Stock