An official from the meteorological department said that weather is likely to remain dry till January 20.
Cold wave conditions also prevailed in northern parts of Rajasthan with Sriganganagar being the coldest recorded place at 1.9 degrees Celsius while dense to very dense fog occurred at isolated parts of the state.
In Jammu and Kashmir, the minimum temperature in Leh town plummeted several degrees as the cold wave tightened its grip in Kashmir Valley, where the mercury was recorded below the freezing point at all weather monitoring stations.
Also, Leh in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir recorded a low of minus 15.6 degrees Celsius.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of -4.6C down from -3.2C, the city had experienced on Friday night.
European Union urges U.S. not to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal
The country has said the missiles it tested are not made to carry nuclear warheads, saying it's nuclear program is peaceful. They will also urge Iran to continue to comply with worldwide inspectors, the diplomats said.
Bhagalpur recorded the lowest minimum temperature of 4.6 degrees celsius on Saturday.
Kashmir Valley is passing through the 40-day long period of harsh winter cold called "Chillai Kalan" which will end on 30 January.
In Himachal Pradesh, cold wave swept most parts of the state with minimum temperatures further dropping in high-altitude areas.
The mercury at Qazigund, gateway to the valley, Kupwara in north Kashmir and tourist resort of Kokernag dipped and settled at minus 3.2 degree, minus 4.5 degree and minus 2 degree, respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar's minimum temperature settled at 4.6 degrees Celsius, while Ludhiana remained at 4.7 and Patiala at 5.6 degrees Celsius. Chandigarh, the common capital of the states, shivered at 5.1 degrees Celsius while Admapur was coldest place in the region at 2.2 degrees Celsius, the MeT department said.
- PUBG Xbox One Update Adds New Control Option, Other Gameplay Changes
- Sentiment Report: Mckesson Corp (NYSE:MCK)
- 1B Gonzalez reportedly agrees to deal with Mets
- Ford Ranger Returns To America With A Turbocharged Four-Cylinder Engine
- Reluctant Donald Trump grants sanctions relief to Iran one last time
- Loyle Carner celebrates Brit nominations by taking his mother to the football
- Bernard Tomic slide continues with Australian Open failure
- Fire breaks out at airport, none hurt
- Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss tweets support for coach Luke Walton
- 'Don't eat laundry detergent': Tide Pod meme prompts police warning