The bushfire has burnt 1931 hectares of land in Tomago, Williamtown and Raymond Terrace, with the RFS downgraded the warning from emergency to watch and act at 7.20pm on Sunday.
Residents surrounding the airport have ben told it is now too late to leave their homes as the area is engulfed in flames and smoke.
Water bombing aircraft and more than 60 RFS personnel worked to contain the blaze as it threatened homes.
Just before 3pm the fire had reached Barrie Close in Williamtown, west of Newcastle Airport.Читайте также: LaVine makes debut, Bulls defeat Pistons, 107-105
Newcaslte Airport remains out-of-action, after it was closed on Saturday afternoon, with all flights being cancelled or diverted due to the fire.
By late afternoon a strong southerly had change moved across the area, causing the blaze to move north, away from Cabbage Tree Road and towards Richardson Road.
Footage from a helicopter hovering over the fire area - uploaded to Facebook on Saturday by the RFS - showed large plumes of smoke moving over the airport.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Prepare To Die In Dark Souls
- Oprah for President: Twitter erupts
- Trump's 's**thole' remark draws outrage in Africa
- Plains All American Pipeline, LP (PAA) Position Raised by LPL Financial LLC
- Rescuers Battle to Find Survivors of California Mudslides
- Man City Prepared To Miss Out On Alexis Sanchez Over Fee
- SA lose three quick wickets to leave India with momentum in Centurion
- Conte urges Chelsea to complete Sanchez deal
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Preview 01/12/18
- Offensive Impact: Nick Foles gets the job done vs. Falcons