It is not known when the deal with Gaine will be made official by the Texans, but speculation is it will be before the Senior Bowl which the Texans are helping coach in two weeks.
The Texans are also expected to extend the contract of head coach Bill O'Brien, meaning Gaine will not be picking his own coach to start.
The Texans are planning to hire Brian Gaine as their new general manager and sign coach Bill O'Brien to a long-term contract extension.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Preview 01/12/18
Kevin Durant and Draymond Green led the way for Golden State in the win, combining for 47 points with Stephen Curry sidelined. I just like playing ball the right way, getting guys involved and winning the game also. "Luckily, he stepped out of bounds".
Meanwhile, Gaine will be hired to replace Rick Smith, who took a year-long leave of absence to take care of his wife, Tiffany, who's undergoing treatment for breast cancer, and their three children. Gaine worked under Smith for three years prior to leaving for western NY; he'll be tasked with helping the Texans return to their perch atop the AFC South after the team plummeted well out of contention this season. This week's Texans interview will finally produce a GM opportunity for Gaine. After five years in NY, he worked with the Cowboys from 2005-2007 and then with the Dolphins from 2008-2013. He interviewed for the same position with the Rams (2012), Jets (2013), Dolphins (2014), Eagles (2015), Bears (2015), Bills (2017) and 49ers (2017) prior to landing the gig with the Texans. Gaine worked on four drafts and free-agent periods for the Texans before he left for Buffalo in May of previous year.
This past season, the Texans were well out of the playoffs with a 4-12 record.
- Woman alleges Aziz Ansari assaulted her after date
- Plains All American Pipeline, LP (PAA) Position Raised by LPL Financial LLC
- Trump denies "shithole countries" comments
- Lance Stephenson thinks he got under LeBron James' skin
- Trump hints United States could return to Paris climate accord
- Jose Mourinho admits Manchester United could sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- EPL Round-Up: Chelsea Held By Leicester, West Ham Thump Huddersfield
- How Analysts Rated Valero Energy Partners LP (NYSE:VLP) Last Week?
- Trump's 's**thole' remark draws outrage in Africa
- Trump waives Iran nuclear sanctions 'for last time'