The blaze started in a PSE&G manhole below a section of Terminal C. According to Newark Airport, the fire has been extinguished and smoky conditions remained for a time after. "Within no time the fire and smoke was brought under control", said the MIAL spokesperson.
Passengers were being processed through security checkpoints but with significant delays while baggages are being processed with anticipated delays for inbound baggages, according to the airport. The power has since been restored. But passengers shared social media images of showed jams at ticket counters and longer lines to get through security during the fire and outage. Anyone who was at Newark Airport on that day between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. may have been exposed to measles. But the airport - as well as JFK Airport - warned that weather delays could mount as a soaker of a storm system moves through the region.
Steph Curry plays 34 minutes in return from sprained ankle
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry (30) drives to the basket against Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam (43). Not so much, as the Raptors showed a lot of heart in battling back and taking the game down to the final seconds ...
The blast was caused when an electrical transformer had caught fire underneath the airport building.
The airport told passengers to check with United Airlines for the statuses of their flights, as flights scheduled to take off from the C1 wing were rerouted to other gates.
- Amazon Alexa will become your co-pilot in Toyota, Lexus cars
- Bryant, Joseph, Fields Will All Return to Clemson Next Season
- Klondex Mines Ltd. (KLDX), Organovo Holdings, Inc. (ONVO)
- Search Continues for Missing After Mudslides in California
- Catch an NFL playoff double header tomorrow on KPUG
- FCA to put 1 bn into MI plant
- Trump Cancels Trip to London Over Embassy Choice
- Iran dismisses US pressure to renegotiate nuclear deal
- Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss tweets support for coach Luke Walton
- Princess Diana statue being axed so Harrods can woo royals