In that absurd move, the manager took two of his best players off the field when they needed a goal the most.
The Italian has spent much of the season grumbling about the lack of signings made by the club's hierarchy since he led Chelsea to the title last season.
Today's draw with Leicester City at home was Chelsea's fourth in a row.
While they will be hoping to cause havoc in the final third, Gary Cahill has been drafted back in to a defensive unit seeking to keep the Foxes out.
Their double substitution with less than an hour on the clock highlighted the home side's struggles to find a way through this Leicester defence - even tired, those two had been Chelsea's most likely route towards a goal against the run of play in a first half dominated by the Foxes.
"We deserved to win this game", Puel said.
But Conte is adamant Morata isn't the only one to blame for Chelsea's profligacy. With AP Photos.Misfiring Chelsea missed the chance to climb into second place in the English Premier League by drawing 0-0 at home to 10-man Leicester. "We don't believe in signing a player just to sign a player".Читайте также: SA lose three quick wickets to leave India with momentum in Centurion
Andreas Christensen replaced him in defence, but Conte does not expect the skipper to be ruled out long term.
Chelsea's stuttering form in front of goal continued against Leicester City on Saturday and made a piece of unwanted history for the Blues.
Chelsea head coach Conte on Saturday said the feeling was mutual and that he would not be losing any sleep over the matter, insisting again he was stopping the verbal sparring.
Schmeichel tipped another Fabregas effort over the bar before half-time, but it was certainly the 2015/16 league champions who enjoyed the better of the opening half in London and should really have been ahead at the break.
But Ben Chilwell received two yellow cards inside five minutes in the second half, giving his side a tough final 20 minutes.
OVER AT THE JOHN SMITH'S STADIUM: Marko Arnautovic created three and scored the other as West Ham lifted themselves away from the Premier League relegation zone with a 4-1 victory over Huddersfield Town. Few players in Europe can score, assist and dribble as impressively as Mahrez; perhaps no one else in that bracket would be eligible to play in the latter stages of European competition, either.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Civil Rights icon: Trump's profane comments about immigrants were 'despicable'
- Trump's 's**thole' remark draws outrage in Africa
- Xbox One Sold More Than PS4 in December, Switch Surpasses Overall Sales
- Rafa Benitez says Newcastle talking with agents over transfers
- DARK SOULS REMASTERED is Coming to Nintendo Switch
- English Premier League match report Tottenham Hotspur v Everton 13 January 2018
- Burning Iranian oil tanker sinks in Japanese waters
- Man City Prepared To Miss Out On Alexis Sanchez Over Fee
- Tehran says will retaliate against Washington sanctions on chief judge
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp not angry about Philippe Coutinho's departure