With Mesut Ozil hesitant to sign a new contract and Sanchez on the verge of moving to arch-rivals Manchester United, the Gunners faithful best be braced for a tough January.
After a quiet start, the second half burst into life when Arsenal took the lead after 52 minutes, Hector Bellerin on target after Iwobi had put him through one-on-one with Begovic, who got a hand to the strike but could not stop it.
And while Wenger wrestles with problems on the field, the off-the-pitch saga involving Sanchez is adding to his concerns, with the manager admitting that continuing uncertainty surrounding the striker's future, was the reason he was omitted.
"He's been vague at the moment, his situation is not decided one way or the other so I left him at home", Wenger told Sky Sports on Sunday. The dream of an easier life in Manchester may prove too much of a distraction even if he does play.
Jose Mourinho admits Manchester United could sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Now Mkhitaryan is struggling to break back into Mourinho's starting XI and hasn't exactly impressed when given chances recently. Then it's up to us to make the decision: yes or no. 'But Mkhitaryan played the last match in the FA Cup against Derby.
The first half was summed up from an attacking point of view for Arsenal by Ainsley Maitland-Niles going closest.
The home side mustered the first attempt when Adam Smith fired wide early on, but after eight minutes Arsenal were within a whisker of breaking through.
Arsenal broke the deadlock seven minutes after the restart.
Callum Wilson restored parity for Bournemouth in the 70th minute, stabbing home a cross from the right flank before Ibe bagged the victor. Iwobi slotted an excellent pass inside left-back Charlie Daniels, allowing Bellerin to advance on Begovic before beating the keeper with a powerful angled shot.
- Were Analysts Bearish Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) This Week?
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued
- Underdog Eagles wear dog masks after beating Falcons
- Gaine leaving Bills to become Texans' GM
- Cold, chance of snow forecast in week ahead
- (NYSE:UPS) Stake Boosted by Parnassus Investments CA
- Hamas Official Targeted in Car Explosion in South Lebanon
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Trump hints United States could return to Paris climate accord
- Vikas Gupta is the second runner-up of Bigg Boss 11