A few days ago, it seemed as though Sanchez's long expected move to City was done and dusted, with several reports indicating that the Chilean forward had agreed personal terms with the Premier League leaders ahead of a £20 million move to the Etihad Stadium.
City are willing to pay Sanchez £285,000-a-week while United are happy to go over £300,000-a-week in order to usurp their Manchester rivals.
"He's being vague at the moment, the situation is not completely decided one way or the other".
Asked if a resolution was imminent, Wenger added: "Yes, but don't read too much into it because even I don't know what way it will go".
Jeremy Corbyn faces down critics over European Union single market stance
Last week former Ukip boss Nigel Farage said he could back a second referendum to shut up Remoaners like Tony Blair . She suffered a major voter backlash previous year against her demand for a second independence referendum.
Should Jose Mourinho manage to land the 29-year-old, one man who will be delighted yet a little embarrassed is Rio Ferdinand. Until then, here's our match preview:How Arsène Wenger, who will again be peering from the stands, would love a victory after the nightmare in Nottingham.
But despite United's apparent eleventh-hour move for Sanchez, sources have told ESPN FC that the club has been quietly attempting to beat City to the player since last August.
Naturally, United fans loved Ferdinand's tweet and have forgiven him for suggesting Sanchez should join City instead.
It remains to be seen whether Arsenal will decide to try and cash-in this month or risk losing him on a free transfer in the summer. "These guys want to win, and they want to make money as well". Incidentally he's won trophies with us. So, they want a combination of the two, that big clubs can give them.
- The Celebs, The Events, The Tech: Inside CES 2018
- Scholar offers historical context for president's alleged derogatory remarks
- SC Judges' rebellion: Yashwant Sinha attacks government, says 'democracy under threat'
- Wenger: Sanchez's been "vague… so I left him at home"
- Joshua, Parker Set For World Heavyweight Title Clash On March 31
- (NYSE:UPS) Stake Boosted by Parnassus Investments CA
- Case Keenum 'excited nervous' for first career playoff start
- Plane dangles off cliff after skidding off runway in Turkey
- Lance Stephenson thinks he got under LeBron James' skin
- Research Ratings: Scorpio Tankers Inc. (STNG), Zebra Technologies Corporation (ZBRA)