"We have the ground information that suspected Al-Shabaab militant on luxury vehicle was killed by an airstrike near Bariiri area in this region on Tuesday, we can not tell who but those who carried out the strike would know him", Mohamed said.
The attack reportedly happened as officers, including regular police, administration police and police reservists, patrolled the risky stretch before they were ambushed by the heavily armed militants.
"We lost five security officers in the attack while on patrol on Elwak-Kotulo road but we are pursuing the attackers", Saleh said.
He says several other officers were injured in a second attack on security officials who responded Tuesday evening along the Elwak-Kotulo road.
"Combined forces were on patrol before being ambushed by suspected Al-Shabaab militants at Dubacity around midday".
European Union urges U.S. not to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal
The country has said the missiles it tested are not made to carry nuclear warheads, saying it's nuclear program is peaceful. They will also urge Iran to continue to comply with worldwide inspectors, the diplomats said.
Two police reservists and two Administration Police officers died instantly while another police reservist died while being rushed to hospital.
According to Mr Bundotich, a gun fight ensued before the suspected militants retreated.
Reports indicate that five Kenyan policemen were killed following an attack in the northeast of Mandera County near Somalia border.
The attack comes less than a week after the militants attacked and burnt two police stations in Garissa county in northern Kenya.
- Shiffrin leads World Cup slalom, closes on 40th career win
- Bill Murray makes surprise 'SNL' appearance as Steve Bannon
- No respite from cold in North India
- (NASDAQ:MSFT) Stake Lessened by Augustine Asset Management Inc
- Celebrity photographers Mario Testino and Bruce Weber accused of sexual misconduct
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Director Acquires 1125 Shares of Stock
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu arrives on a six-day India visit
- Root expected to be fit for ODI opener
- "Chicharito" back to Man United?