The video platform removed Paul from Google Preferred, and put other plans with the vlogger on hold.
More recently, one of YouTube's biggest stars, Logan Paul, was lambasted for his ill-conceived video set in Japan's so-called "suicide forest", which featured a semi-blurred corpse hanging from a tree for several minutes. Suicide victims are often found in the forest.
The news comes as YouTube released a statement confirming that Paul would be punished for his misdeeds. Google had recently announced it will be expanding it staff members by adding 10,000 more employees who will be focused on the task of flagging videos deemed inappropriate for ads. You deserve to know what's going on. While little is known about the project, first announced in December 2016 and slated to premiere this year, Paul was set to create, produce, and star in the short-form series. But many people rightly point out that Paul's actions aren't enough, and Google should take more steps to prevent such videos from being posted online in the first place.
YouTube has suspended projects with United States internet star Logan Paul following his controversial video showing the body of a suicide victim.
England name 16-man Test squad for New Zealand tour
James Vince, Moeen Ali and Mark Stoneman have been retained, however, despite having a hard time in the Australia series. Liam Livingstone , Lancashire's middle-order batsman received his maiden call-up for the tour.
The popular video platform has now removed Paul from Google Preferred, a program created to ensure that brands sell its ads alongside the top 5 percent of YouTube's content creators.
Paul, for his part, issued an apology for the controversial suicide video, saying that he just wanted to raise awareness to help with suicide prevention.
"We built Google Preferred to help our customers easily reach YouTube's most passionate audiences and we've seen strong traction in the a year ago with a record number of brands", a spokeswoman for Alphabet Inc.'s Google wrote in an emailed statement. "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season four of "Foursome" and his new Originals are on hold". With Google/YouTube selling advertising on videos from Preferred creators at higher-than-standard prices, ensuring the integrity of the Programme is likely to be a vital priority following a year of controversy for the platform.
- Sahara Desert Witnesses Snowfall Due To Drop In Temperature; Watch Video
- Scarlett Johansson Will Reportedly Meet With The Black Widow Movie Writer Soon
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP Lowers Holdings in Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (SWKS)
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) Shares Sold by Advisors Capital Management LLC
- Red Bluff pair arrested in connection with cold case
- US House Votes Decisively To Extend Controversial Surveillance Powers
- Liverpool vs Manchester City 01/14/2018 Premier League Preview, Odds & Prediction
- Protest march in Patna against attack on Dalits in Bhima-Koregaon
- New Mobile Game Announced: Star Wars Rivals
- Botswana chides Trump for derogatory claims against Africa