Warner Bros. has set an April 5, 2019 release date for the movie, which should be going into production soon with It star Jack Dylan Grazer cast as Shazam's younger alter-ego Billy Batson last month. That might not even be enough for Warner Bros.to break even. To The Movies is now scheduled for that date.
It was also announced that the untitled DC film that was set to be released on July 27, is no longer on the official schedule. "Shazam!" centers on DC Comics character Billy Batson (Levi) who becomes Captain Marvel, the world's mightiest mortal, when he says the magic word "Shazam!".
David F. Sandberg will direct from a script by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke.
AFC Divisional Playoff Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots: Preview and Prediction
Travis Kelce was very busy for Kansas City, but he left with a head injury and the Titans certainly benefited from his absence. Since the weekend after Thanksgiving, Lewis has averaged 85.0 rushing yards per game and has three rushing touchdowns.
The name Shazam is an acronym of the ancient gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury.
Sandberg has been active on social media teasing pre-production of the movie which films soon in Toronto. Peter Safran is producing, with filming planned for this year. Though so, it is reported that the story will still be a part of the shared universe first established in "Man of Steel".
- Credit Acceptance Corp. (CACC) Major Shareholder Sells $5903642.36 in Stock
- Venezuela: four useless, 28 lacking as boat sinks in Caribbean
- Trump to issue final Iran deal waiver, officials say
- Mother of 'H&M Kid' Reveals She's Now Experiencing Racist Abuse
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Sells 224770 Shares of Murphy Oil Co. (MUR)
- Katie Couric breaks silence on Matt Lauer's Today show firing
- Jurgen Klopp delighted that Liverpool can 'win ugly'
- New Year, Same Fight Over Judicial Elections
- $2.51 Billion in Sales Expected for MGM Resorts International (MGM) This Quarter
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM) Issues Earnings Results