A fight with perennial contender Jeremy Stephens (26-14 MMA, 13-13 UFC) on Sunday at UFC Fight Night 124 presents a chance to work into the title picture. He's beaten all your favorite fighters in every different era: Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping.
Hitting 40-years-old appears to have played a big part in Belfort's decision to call time on his career.
It's going to be interesting to see how Belfort approaches Hall, who is one of the most unsafe strikers in the UFC's middleweight division. This is it. Breaking news.
He certainly did more than enough. "Wow, it's insane.' And I'm very thankful, but I think my body needs a rest". I have other things, I have a business of my own, I developed a system, I developed a group class training system that we're going to franchise. "I just want to show you how I worked so hard throughout the a year ago".
"Life is about seasons, and I think you got to know the seasons".
"You can not tell me that the 40-year-old has a fresh body", Belfort said. Of course, it's not the same. This is it. I'm very thankful, but I think my body needs to rest.
Accenture LTD (NYSE:ACN) Institutional Investors Sentiment
Guardian Life Insur Of America accumulated 1,406 shares or 0.03% of the stock. 127 funds opened positions while 657 raised stakes. Umb Bank N A increased its stake in Amazon Com Inc (AMZN) by 2.29% based on its latest 2017Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC.
"... I'm still relevant to the sport, but I need to walk away".
On his emotional turmoil due to the suicide of coach Robert Follis and a best friend passing away: "Then prior to that, I was sick for three weeks". I accomplished a lot of great things and I want to do all the great things. The ex-champion said, "I'm going into the second journey of life, and I'm happy". Belfort made this announcement while a guest on the UFC Unfiltered Podcast with Matt Serra and Jim Norton.
His last win was against Nate Marquardt, who just retired himself.
The Phenom got his start in 1996 by defeating Jon Hess before making his now-legendary UFC debut at UFC 12 in February 1997.
Vitor Belfort has been a staple in the UFC since the very beginning.
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About Gerdau SA (GGB)'s Future Performance
- Chelsea's hopes to build Europe's most expensive stadium hit stumbling block
- JJ Redick 'not entirely convinced' dinosaurs existed on Earth
- Florida monkeys could pass killer herpes to people
- Oprah Winfrey 2020? Columnist Revisits Controversies Surrounding TV Personality
- Dancing on Ice star QUITS after just one week
- Ice-cream bars sold at Aldi recalled over listeria contamination
- Norman North's Drake Stoops Will Walk On at Oklahoma
- Stock In Spotlight: Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO)
- Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB) Rating Increased to Buy at Northcoast Research