U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he "probably" has a very good relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, a change in tone for Trump after exchanging insults with Kim over Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs. He clarified he was not saying he has spoken to him or not, but just simply did not want to comment on it.
"I think that we will have peace through strength".
Kim may not feel as friendly toward Trump, based on what he's said about the president.
It doesn't look like President Trump changed his mind on North Korea but tactically he doesn't want to antagonize North Korea this time, because South and North Korea, the talks between the two countries are in progress. This raises questions about whether a shift is underway in America's North Korea policy, since the comments are in stark contrast to his more provocative choice phrases like "fire and fury", or calling its leader, "little rocket man". No conversation has been publicly reported between any sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader in decades, if ever. Trump is Kim's senior by 37 years. North Korea insists that its nuclear arsenal is not... "The difference is I'm president, other people aren't", Trump said. Seoul suggested that the family reunion should be held during the Lunar New year in the coming month of February when the Winter Olympics was still going on.
Expedia (EXPE) Getting Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Accern Reports
Zacks Investment Research cut shares of Expedia from a "hold" rating to a "strong sell" rating in a research report on Tuesday. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 5,744 shares in the company, valued at $691,405.28. (NASDAQ:EXPE).
Trump claimed credit Wednesday for the inter-Korean dialogue, saying North Korea was feeling the pressure of a US -led campaign of sanctions over its nuclear weapons and missile development.
Trump and Kim have traded bellicose rhetoric and crude insults over the a year ago, as North Korea has accelerated weapons tests and appears on the cusp of having a nuclear-tipped missile that could strike the USA mainland.
"You'll see that a lot with me", he said, "and then all of the sudden somebody's my best friend". Technically, South Korea and the United States remain at war with North Korea after the Korean War ended in 1953 with an armistice instead of a peace treaty.
Trump discussed North Korea in a call Thursday with French President Emmanuel Macron of France.
- Paisley looking to maintain English run
- Top CEOs Urge DACA Action In Open Letter To Congress
- Canadian National Railway (CNR) PT Raised to C$109.00
- Overview Of Different Chart Patterns: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN), Amgen Inc. (AMGN)
- International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) Stake Increased by Pictet Asset Management Ltd.
- Most Active Stock: Eastman Kodak Co. (NYSE:KODK)
- Bandai Namco announced the re-release of the game Dark Souls
- Were Analysts Bullish Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP) This Week?
- Pep Guardiola refuses to compare Mohamed Salah to Lionel Messi
- African immigrants in Raleigh 'insulted' by Trump's vulgar remarks