Outside of occasionally letting its freak flag fly with green cars like the Prius and Mirai, Toyota is generally regarded as a pretty straight-laced automaker. Just unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon, it incorporates hybrid technology honed through participation in the FIA WEC - Toyota says it's composed of mostly the same main parts as the TS050 Hybrid race vehicle.
Power comes from a mental 2.4-litre twin-turbo V6 engine paired with a potent electric hybrid system, producing a combined output of 735kW.
This lean-engined concept runs on 18-inch tires wrapped in 330-section rubber, and if you take a good look at its aero package, it looks like it could take the fight to the the Mercedes-AMG Project One and Aston Martin Valkyrie.
Versace Family Slams Second Season of American Crime Story
As the season has not yet aired, we can't say just how closely the show will adhere to the events as described in the book. Catch the premiere of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story on January 17 at 10 p.m.
Just how Toyota will position the Gazoo brand is not yet clear, though performance versions of other cars in the Toyota stable have been given the GRMN label, which apparently stands for "Gazoo Racing Masters of the Nurburgring". And this is a hint at some of the bespoke sports cars that could follow. "I hope that the GR Super Sport Concept will give you a taste of what we aim to achieve with our next-generation sports cars".
Toyota President Akio Toyoda believes the company has a challenge on its hands to make cars that will be fun for the next century, commenting that "Toyota Gazoo Racing aims to continue making exciting cars to bring smiles to our customers' faces and contribute to the future of the automobile industry".
After Porsche and Audi pulled out of the World Endurance Championship in the past two seasons to focus on the all-electric motorsport series Formula E, Toyota has reaffirmed its commitment to the championship, saying its continued participation is "highly beneficial to the development of cutting-edge hybrid and electrified vehicle systems". Put some decals on it, and you'd swear it was a racing vehicle.
- NYC to probe NYPD conduct in rally against activist's deportation
- Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Consolidated (COKE) Shares Bought by New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Starz To Adapt 'John Wick' Franchise For Original TV Series
- Biggest drop in housing prices in a decade
- Missouri governor admits affair, accused of blackmailing woman with photo
- Llc Acquires 228535 Shares of Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP) Stock
- Chandigarh Stalking Case: Haryana BJP chief's son Vikas Barala gets bail
- Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
- Launch of Delta IV rocket with United States spy satellite postponed once again