Three paratroopers have been injured while practising slithering operations from a rope hanging from a Dhruv advanced light helicopter (ALH) here. PTI reported that all exercises requiring security forces to slither down to the drop zone have been suspended by the Army.
Confirming that the soldiers did not suffer serious injuries, the Army officials added that no slithering operations will be performed on the upcoming Army Day. While two army men successfully complete the drill, the third one falls straight to the ground, as the rope slips off the chopper. As the soldiers start to descent, the rope is seen slipping off the helicopter which results in a free fall.According to media reports, the incident took place on January 9 and the soldiers are now undergoing treatment at Army Hospital Research And Referral in New Delhi. Since there was a malfunction in the aircraft's boom, "A 2-member investigating team from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has come on Wednesday to probe the matter", said a source in the HAL.
According to a report in India Tv, the jawans were rushed to the hospital immediately.
Ex-Real Madrid defender Pavon backs coach Zidane
However, the club have moved quickly to replace Bakambu with forward Roger Martinez, per Marca's M. Rodriguez . "I am satisfied across the two games, and the players are too".
Army sources said investigation on how the accident occurred is in process.
Army Day is observed on 15 January every year to honour Lieutenant General KM Kariappa, who took over as the first commander-in-chief of the Indian Army on this day.
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy throwing down on Nintendo Switch
- Overview of Different Indicators: Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI), Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV)
- Do You Own Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (NYSE:FCAU) Shares?
- Mohamed Salah to Real Madrid: Liverpool star speaks out on transfer rumours
- Jeff Bezos contributes $33 million to Dreamers scholarship program
- Reading the Tea Leaves for The Western Union Company (WU)
- Stocks Movement Analysis: EZCORP, Inc. (EZPW), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (KTOS)
- Iran's Unrest Pushes Oil to Highest Level in 2.5 Years
- Queen reveals 'dangerous' crown could 'break her NECK' in rare interview
- Here are the new 2018 additions to Google's Android Excellence app list