Taking the stage alongside "A Beautiful Mind" director Ron Howard to present the Golden Globe for best director, the Harvard grad - who wore all black to the awards in solidarity with the surging Time's Up initiative - managed to capture the fired-up spirit of the evening in one ideal line.
"I think it was great!" he wrote. While presenting the coveted award onstage Sunday night, the actress made a jab acknowledging that women were left out of the category.
But the person with the best line of the night was Natalie Portman. "I want tonight to express gratitude to all the women who have endured years of abuse and assault because they, like my mother, had children to feed and bills to pay and dreams to pursue", she said.
Portman threw all the perfectly-timed shade on Sunday when she joined Ron Howard to present the award for Best Director, Motion Picture.
"Folks! Time's up. We need more women directors and more women to be nominated for best director".
Revenue Approximations Analysis: Callon Petroleum Company (CPE), Weyerhaeuser Company (WY)
Parametric Port Associate Ltd Liability Corporation reported 0.01% of its portfolio in Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE ). It dived, as 32 investors sold CPE shares while 62 reduced holdings. 43 funds opened positions while 95 raised stakes.
Spielberg didn't shy away from the fact that female directors specifically have a hard time getting recognition for their work. Ava DuVernay is probably going to direct a Star Wars movie and Greta Gerwig rose to write and direct one of the most well-reviewed films in Rotten Tomato's history. "It made me laugh, and it made me smile", she said.
The 2018 nominations will be announced on January 23.
While the Golden Globes have become increasingly more diverse, there are still a few categories that could use a little more diversification.
Guillermo del Toro was then announced as the victor, for his film "The Shape of Water" - which is one of the many Golden Globes-winning movies that still isn't out in the UK.
Since the Golden Globes' inception in the 1940s, only seven women have been nominated for best director and only one woman has won (Barbra Streisand for 1984's Yentl).
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (SIMO), Hudbay Minerals Inc. (HBM)
- Arlington denies permit to MLK parade that was to feature Gov. Abbott
- Coeur Mining Inc (CDE) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.08 Per Share
- ED Raids Karti Chidambaram's Chennai And Delhi Homes, Finds Nothing!
- Zeke Capital Advisors LLC Purchases 5844 Shares of Duke Energy Corp (DUK)
- Analyst Recommendations for: Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB), Electronic Arts Inc. (EA)
- Covenant Asset Management LLC Invests $513000 in Texas Instruments Incorporated (TXN) Stock
- Dark Souls Remastered is on its way - PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch
- A Look At Recent Insider Trades For Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- Pacers Olivier, Ngidi added to Proteas squad for second Test