James Franco was nowhere to be seen Thursday night at the Critics' Choice awards because he was extremely upset over sexual misconduct allegations against him. sources connected to Franco tell TMZ. There are people, women and others, who have not been a part of this conversation.
Awards darling The Shape Of Water, which won two Golden Globes out of seven nominations and leads the way with 12 BAFTA nods, came home with the biggest win of the night. Last year Weta Digital won the category for its work on the Disney reboot of The Jungle Book.
"I know we're not all here in black tonight, but let's not lose focus", she expressed. Beyond that, there is a massive amount of affection in the community for its director, Patty Jenkins, and its leading lady, Gal Gadot - the latter is now the biggest movie star in the world - who have been at as many awards ceremonies as anyone this year.
Guillermo Del Toro's romance/creature feature, which stars Doug Jones as a fish man and Sally Hawkins as the mute cleaning lady who falls in love with him, scooped Best Picture at the ceremony.
Stench of jet fuel overpowers the Critics' Choice Awards
Apparently, he's so torn up about the accusations (which he says are "not accurate") that he has even changed his phone number.
Munn turned her attention to Wahberg's recent pay controversy for his film All the Money in the World by pretending the actor had been paid to take part in the toast. "The biggest comedy was a female ensemble, 'Girls Trip, ' and the biggest independent movie was written and directed by Greta Gerwig". The film also won for acting ensemble and supporting actor for Sam Rockwell.
"James Franco just won. It's a good thing I support".
Writer/director Jordan Peele was also a big victor at the Critics' Choice Awards on Thursday night, claiming the Best Original Screenplay prize for Get Out, which was also named the Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie.
Katie Couric breaks silence on Matt Lauer's Today show firing
The statement continued by mentioning the network had reason to believe it "may not have been an isolated incident". I feel I speak for many of my coworkers once I say it was not exactly the Matt we knew.
- New Year, Same Fight Over Judicial Elections
- $2.51 Billion in Sales Expected for MGM Resorts International (MGM) This Quarter
- Helen Mirren is happy when Ellen tells her she's 72 not 73
- Jurgen Klopp delighted that Liverpool can 'win ugly'
- Watford leveller wouldn't have stood if VAR system was in place - Deeney
- Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino: 'Georges-Kevin N'Koudou needs games'
- Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) Upgraded at Zacks Investment Research
- Federal Bureau of Investigation knew Las Vegas gunman had big gun stashes, records say
- Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles - 1/13/18 NFL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- KCS Wealth Advisory Takes $647000 Position in Danaher Co. (DHR)