Starz has announced they will be adapting the John Wick film franchise (which now consists two films and a third "Chapter 3" installment slated for 2019), into an original TV series. "I think you can expect to see him at some point in the series". To be clear, while The Continental will be set in the John Wick universe, it's by no means a series about John Wick.
The Continental seems promising, though, because, unlike some carefully negotiated TV versions of film franchises, the premise doesn't seem too dramatically limited from what was appealing about the films in the first place. Those ideas had already given rise to the concept of a John Wick TV show, but now the project has gotten a formal go-ahead.
Released in 2014, "John Wick" was both a critical and a commercial success, and was followed by "John Wick: Chapter 2" in 2017.
A press release elaborated that The Continental focuses on the inner workings of the hotel.
Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
I feel like I can just breathe now. "I don't like holding onto the past, especially when it's stuff that, in my opinion, is just petty".
Chapter 3 won't be in theaters until 2019, but the movie's universe is expanding.
"The shows and the movies exist side-by-side", Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht added. "The Continental promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world".
"Yes, Keanu is an executive producer", Zlotnick said. U.S. network Starz made the announcement at the Television Critics' Association's winter press tour, adding that it and Lionsgate were working on a series called The Continental, based on the inner workings of the worldwide hotel chain that caters to assassins. Chad Stahelski, the director of all three John Wick films, will direct the pilot episode.
- Mason teacher admits to making lynching comment to student
- Chandigarh Stalking Case: Haryana BJP chief's son Vikas Barala gets bail
- Versace Family Slams Second Season of American Crime Story
- Three Indian Army soldiers fall from Dhruv chopper during rehearsals
- Taylor Swift adds second show at US Bank Stadium
- Biggest drop in housing prices in a decade
- South Korea's Moon says Trump deserves 'big' credit for North Korea talks
- Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Queen reveals 'dangerous' crown could 'break her NECK' in rare interview
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Sets New 12-Month High on Analyst Upgrade