"We need to be fully prepared for the challenge at Pyeongchang".
"My goal is to win the gold medal".
The funding body is confident that a vast increase in investment over the four-year cycle from £14m to £32m will result in the best ever Winter Games for the country's Olympians and the most successful in 30 years for its Paralympians. If not, we may get none.
Elise Christie, the short-track speed-skater, experienced these first-hand in Sochi as she travelled there in hope, but returned with three disqualifications.
"Of course the alpine valleys in Austria and Germany, they say "we watch the Games and we love to participate in them but we can't afford to host them at that price", said Payne.
Koreas to hold talks on sending Northern art troupe to Olympics
South Korea is grouped with Sweden, Switzerland and Japan in the women's tournament. This was considered a benevolent North Korean gesture.
During an earlier era of inter-Korean detente, athletes from the two Koreas paraded together at worldwide sports events such as the Olympics and fielded a unified Korean team. "There are still some very good skaters from Europe and America, thus the competition will be very fierce in Pyeongchang and we have to fight really hard for every single medal", Sun said.
Kasai won two medals in Sochi, large hill silver and team event bronze.
Via Global Olympics Broadcasters: Intel True VR content will also be available on multiple devices and platforms through official Olympics Rights Holding Broadcaster channels around the world.
The flame will tour Seoul for four days, with stops at locations such as Gwanghwamun Square, Gangnam subway station, the Han River Park in Yeouido and the Jamsil Olympic Stadium, the site of the 1988 Summer Olympics. "I was unlucky to be in this situation, but I'm lucky to have come out of it unscathed", said Tasker.
Meanwhile, the list of potential future hosts of Winter Olympics appears to be dwindling due to climate change.
British bobsledder Bruce Tasker, a former pupil at Tenby's Greenhill School, will miss the upcoming Olympic Winter Games due to health reasons. One of eight countries participating the Pyeongchang women's ice hockey event, South Korea is part of Group B with Japan, Switzerland, and Sweden.
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (SIMO), Hudbay Minerals Inc. (HBM)
- Arlington denies permit to MLK parade that was to feature Gov. Abbott
- Corporate Office Properties Trust's (OFC) "Hold" Rating Reiterated at Jefferies Group LLC
- Claressa Shields ends Tori Nelson's unbeaten record
- Brady bullish in focus on Titans after a drama-filled week
- Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, James Blake Debut 'King's Dead'
- WTA Sydney - Angelique Kerber beat Ashleigh Barty to win a title again!
- Dark Souls Remastered is on its way - PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch
- South Africa bat, Ngidi makes Test debut
- LeBron James called out of bounds on potentially game-winning possession