This set-up of the harsh gender isolation was declared in October 2017, as a part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's pushy reforms to revise Saudi society and make better the economy.
The stadium in the capital, Riyadh, will open to women on Saturday, followed by the western city of Dammam on Thursday.
"This event proves that we are heading for a prosperous future".
Ruwayda Ali Qassem, another Jeddah resident, said Friday was a "historic day in the kingdom which culminates [in] ongoing fundamental changes".
Previously women could watch matches on television only. The rest of the country's football grounds will be ready for female fans by the beginning of the next sporting season.
Oprah Winfrey 2020? Columnist Revisits Controversies Surrounding TV Personality
Last night the media mogul spoke out as she became the first African-American woman to be awarded the Cecil B. Sanders was also asked whether she believed Winfrey was qualified to run for president .
At the Jiddah stadium Friday, young Saudi women wearing bright orange vests over their abayas were deployed to help with the female crowds.
To prepare them for this new-found freedom, the first women's vehicle showroom has opened in the city of Jeddah on Thursday.
"Today, you brought happiness to every Saudi family and woman who attended the first game", said Reema Bandar Al-Saud, a deputy at the General Sports Authority and part of the Saudi Royal family was quoted as saying by CNN.
According to the Saudi Gazette, Al-Ahli trounced Al-Batin 5-0 in the Premier League match.
- Voice Control Is Coming to Every Nook and Cranny of Your Home
- North Korea names delegates for inter-Korean talks
- Supreme Court to Hear Online Sales Tax Argument
- Microsoft (MSFT) Rating Reiterated by Wells Fargo & Co
- President Trump To Undergo His First Official Medical Exam
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (NYSE:UNH) Shares Sold by Barometer Capital Management Inc
- Illinois Parents File Lawsuit to Allow Daughter to Medicate on School Grounds
- Stan Lee Accused Of More Sexual Harassment Claims
- Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB) Rating Increased to Buy at Northcoast Research
- Analysts Set Interpublic Group of Companies Inc (IPG) PT at $26.63